PDA

View Full Version : Too Big ! 65mm hose coupler ~ What should it be ?

Brian L
02-07-2014, 04:04 PM
It's another of those annoying little niggles, the ones that you don't really expect, but then…. when did everything ever go to plan:roll eyes:
I always thought that the inner diameter of the coupler hose that goes from the lower outlet pipe on the Evo X oem intercooler to the Evo X oem licp was 65mm (metric now in the UK remember !!). So that was what I got. It slides over the i/c with no effort at all, a bit too easy for my liking however in the licp it is just too sloppy. It will never tighten airtight as the silicone just deforms as there is too much of it. I will get another piece of hose but something a little smaller in diameter this time, 63mm might do the trick.
I was wondering if I got it wrong in thinking that the hose was 65mm. It could be one of those differences in US/EU spec but seems very unlikely that Mitsubishi would alter the diameter by such a tiny amount.
I believe that metric is not standard in the US but if anyone knows the definitive size then shout up. :D

Many thanks

Brian.

Drew
02-07-2014, 04:16 PM
We use a 2.5" coupler over here. That works out to 63.5mm. In my opinion, a little tight is better than a little loose, if you know what I mean...lol :cool:

Brian L
02-07-2014, 04:18 PM
Thank you, I will downsize !

Cheers
Brian.