PDA

View Full Version : Recall as it relates to GST Base Map

StigofSAE
03-19-2014, 07:00 PM
I have been neglecting the recall that came out a few months ago for my 2010 ralliart because I wasn't sure what it would do with my boost pill and GST Map. Should I get the recall service or does the latest GST map essentially take care of the problem? I also heard rumors that after people get the service done they are unable to reflash back to a GST map. Any help or advice would be appreciated!

ROMITON1
03-20-2014, 06:41 AM
The people unable to flashback are just not doing what they need to do properly, or are flat out lying about a non-existent problem.

The latest recall regarding tq limiting in the clutch is a simple ECU flash from Mitsubishi that "will save the life of the clutch" because it limits peak tq.

It is nothing more than another map you can run for your car, there would be NO need to get this done if you are running a custom map. If you did get it done, the moment you flash back to GST, the "recall" you just had done would be completely undone as you just reflashed the ECU...

Mitsubishi does not void warranties for not performing all recalls, there is no reason to get this done if you are running GST, or any other custom tune.

For some reason if you decide to get this done, make sure you put your car back to stock, as the Mitsubishi "recall" map will not run properly with your aftermarket boost pill.

blink34
03-20-2014, 09:28 AM
i got the recall done 2 weeks ago. You def notice the lack of pull in the lower RPMs. It took about 30 mins. It may be in my head but the idle seems a little smoother and the shifts seem again a little smoother but you def notice a lack of get up and go. On the recall it stats it solves a false MIL light, but from what everyone is saying it just lowers your torque def in the lower rpms to save the transmission, just a way Mit. to not have to replace or fix the tranny.

StigofSAE
03-20-2014, 03:57 PM
Thanks for your guys input. At this point I just wont bother

Napius
03-20-2014, 07:38 PM
The way Mitsubishi worded it (I know that means nothing), and more importantly, the way the recall was analyzed by someone who works on the basemaps, is that the recall raised the threshold number, not lowered the torque output. I got the recall done because my car experienced the check engine light, had the code on the recall, and went into limp mode. I have not noticed a decrease in power since the recall.