PDA

View Full Version : please send me a big anchor to drown our Ralliart

michel7
04-02-2014, 12:31 PM
hello..
I need some help..
Had the double clutch replaced under the warranty - the replacement scenario in itself was very much like a murder mystery..
from day 1 of the reporting of the slipping of the clutch to the day we were called that the car was repaired was an affair which too nearly 10 weeks..
..after that came the 48000 k service (Canadian car)..after the service the cars
'Tarmac' light on the information panel clicked on and off..
after another 3 weeks of guessing, the problem was that the container in the trunk for the differential fluid was low...hey, it was just serviced but what the hell..
alas..after this scenario another one appeared..
"a deep, sounds to me like a low level dull vibration sound appeared if only for less than a second each time this sound comes on'..
I noticed the sound the first time after I backed the vehicle up to the left, changer the shifter to D1 and
proceeded to drive forward...
as well as most of the times when you are shifting from a lower gear under acceleration into a higher gear...it makes this deep, sounds to me like a vibration sound as soon as you are in the next gear and when I said, during acceleration and for less of a second to a second.....

AllWhiteErythng
10-23-2014, 11:04 AM
after another 3 weeks of guessing, the problem was that the container in the trunk for the differential fluid was low...hey, it was just serviced but what the hell..

Do Canadian Ralliarts have a different rear differential? I thought Ralliarts didn't have AYC, and thus no rear container in the trunk.

Drew
10-23-2014, 02:04 PM
Do Canadian Ralliarts have a different rear differential? I thought Ralliarts didn't have AYC, and thus no rear container in the trunk.

We don't have AYC. We do have almost the exact same pump, minus two valves, that is for the ACD. The Evo pump does ACD and AYC. Ours, just ACD. So, on the passenger's side in the trunk, your reservoir is there. If not, be concerned..lol

AllWhiteErythng
10-23-2014, 05:23 PM
We don't have AYC. We do have almost the exact same pump, minus two valves, that is for the ACD. The Evo pump does ACD and AYC. Ours, just ACD. So, on the passenger's side in the trunk, your reservoir is there. If not, be concerned..lol

Well damn...I feel stupid. I never noticed the little cover before, and after misinterpreting the AYC stuff I've never 'checked out' the trunk until today haha. Thanks for the info.