PDA

View Full Version : SST Filter

p3aker
08-24-2014, 01:55 AM
Hi guys,

this might have been posted before and i'm sorry if it has, couldn't find anything definite in my search.

Firstly i was wondering, do i need a new case for the SST oil filter when changing out the old oil and filter?

If so, could any of you recommend where i could get a case on the cheap from ?
Also, if i was to call a ford dealership to buy a filter would i just use the part number 7M5R-6K870-AA ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks.

Macky
08-24-2014, 09:26 AM
i believe so. it should be included with a SST fluid service. this is the one that should be replaced at every SST oil change. (http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63536)

blkdrgn09
08-24-2014, 06:09 PM
Hi guys,

this might have been posted before and i'm sorry if it has, couldn't find anything definite in my search.

Firstly i was wondering, do i need a new case for the SST oil filter when changing out the old oil and filter?

If so, could any of you recommend where i could get a case on the cheap from ?
Also, if i was to call a ford dealership to buy a filter would i just use the part number 7M5R-6K870-AA ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks.

I got mine from SSP for $40 shipped (muuch cheaper than dealer lol) and came only with a small gasket of sorts, shop used old plastic case, i don't believe it needs to be changed unless you overtighten and break it...only thing thats affected by the oil is the filter.

p3aker
08-24-2014, 06:17 PM
WoW, Thanks to the both of you for such a quick reply.. you saved me so much money.

cheers.

blkdrgn09
08-24-2014, 06:51 PM
WoW, Thanks to the both of you for such a quick reply.. you saved me so much money.

cheers.

not a problem man! :D