PDA

View Full Version : P1235 Overboost?

Ripsco
10-29-2014, 04:16 PM
So I did a quick WOT pull on my way home today and got a CEL right after. I parked the car and the RPMs were staying at about 2k. I turned the car off then back on. RPMs came back down to normal. I hooked up my Tactrix cable and checked for codes. I am getting a P1235 code which is related to overboosting. Not sure if the quick decline in temperature had anything to do with this. My mods are UR short down pipe, UR HFC, AEM intake, UR UICP, boost pill and running GST boost pill+TBE+AEM 93 octane tune.

kaiser1991
10-29-2014, 04:53 PM
I had this happen to me last winter going WOT on an on-ramp. The temperature was about 30F and the engine instantly cut power. I cleared the code and hasn't happened again.

Markspd6
10-30-2014, 10:25 AM
Yeah, the air gets denser when its cold, and this can happen, i guess just be glad theres a sensor for it, so your engine doesnt blow.. Mines done it 3/4 times when it hits 40f or so, and thats cold for CA, so it happens.

Ripsco
10-30-2014, 03:23 PM
Thanks for the input guys. It just freaked me out when it happened, thought I might have blown something. So I cleared the code, car is running normal. Did a few WOT pulls on way home and everything went good. It was even colder today. This weekend I am going to clean/lube my Turbosmart BOV (Full Recirc) and pick up a MAF cleaner to clean my sensor. Who knows maybe it got a little dirty when I switched it over to the AEM.