PDA

View Full Version : ACD pump 100,000 mile Extended Warranty Replacement

Drew
01-11-2015, 01:33 PM
I would doubt that there are any of owners that do not know that Mitsubishi has finally did the honorable thing in regards to extending the warranty of the ACD/AYC pumps. I just wanted to add a list so people can actuall discuss their experiences with getting the pumps replaced. My ACD pump was actually diagnosed dead 8 or so months ago. In lieu of paying $1800 for the dealership to replace it, I pulled it, destructively ripped it apart in preparation for a rebuild kit, but never got around to it. Well, took my car in to the dealer last friday with the pump even off the car and dis-assembled. Service department checked my miles, looked at how corroded the pump was, and honored the replacement completely (parts and labor). The pump is en-route. I anticipate a call from the dealer next week to have it replace. I hope everyone else has the same luck :D. FREE AT LAST!!!!

http://img.pandawhale.com/94458-Leonardo-Dicaprio-cheers-gif-I-57XL.gif

iralli_iskustvo
01-11-2015, 04:03 PM
Roger that, had mine replaced as well. Dealership also replaced transfer case under warranty due to leaking seals. About $5600 total of parts and labor.

HENRYBEAST
01-17-2015, 09:21 PM
I just got the memo in the mail today
This is awesome news!!

mitzi
01-17-2015, 10:39 PM
got mine today too. actually had mine 'fixed' the month after my warranty ran out (3 years). the dealership I brought it to was nice enough to shoulder the cost of material, and I ended up paying labor.

Markspd6
01-19-2015, 06:38 PM
Good to see they extended the warranty!!

Heliart
01-20-2015, 03:31 PM
yes my wife my called me and told me we got that notice from Mitsubishi today too!!!! I am so happy...been driving around with that stupid ACD light on for 2 years, kept thinking about how I'd have to buy the rebuild kit to repair pump myself. Thank you Mitsubishi, 2+'s recently, my serpentine belt got replaced under a recall a few months ago and I was gonna replace it myself.

Mkid
01-22-2015, 12:39 PM
Now they just need to replace transmissions for 09-10 RAs with crappy clutch seals. lol

Mcst
03-08-2016, 10:45 PM
Hello guys, does anyone know if the recall is available on all continents or it is only for US?
I am from europe and have the same problem with the acd pump light being on. I hope the recall is available here as well.