PDA

View Full Version : cat back exhaust options?

blackbeard
03-26-2010, 02:30 PM
hi guys, i just installed a K&N high flow air filter in my 09 ra which is the start of the mods.
i now have a choice of either a dual cannon cat back or a cat back with a one into two muffler system similar to the stock configuration, both will be 3 inch internally with the cannons on that particular system being 5 inch externally with a 4 inch outlet.
i know the dual cannon configuration will be louder so the tech suggested a small inline muffler to maybe quiet it down to the one into two muffler levels.
the dual cannon is cheaper but not that much, so which way do i go.
i guess i`m leaning toward the dual cannon system cos it looks less restrictive but once u add an inline muffler, that advantage will probably be negated?
any help in making a decision will be much appreciated:confused:
BB.

geargrinder
03-28-2010, 08:24 AM
Check out this thread I think I kind of explain my point of view on exhaust. One thing to consider is that this car is not a true duel exhaust. When looking at exhaust gas flow, every time it changes direction, splits, even expands into a larger chamber then recompresses to the original size (resonator), it is a restriction. If you are looking for the best power, single 3" straight w/ a straight 3" muffler will be best. I wanted a more tuned exhaust sound which I explain in the following thread. Hope this helps.

http://clubralliart.com/showthread.php?t=460