PDA

View Full Version : bit the bullet

blackbeard
03-30-2010, 03:41 PM
guys, i have started the mods thanks to your advice.
i have installed a k&n air filter for intake breathability, now i really can hear the bov, pcheeww, and had a new cat back exhaust system built locally by copying a hks pic of their silent power option.
the filter was $150, mrt wanted $500 for a similar product, the exhaust was $700, hks wanted $2500 for both the exhaust and intake upgrade, go figure, heh.
i had a sleepless night when i got the exhaust installed after test driving it.
basically it sounded like crap, it was loud and the drone at 100k/hr was very intrusive, so i took it back and wanted him to put a coupla hotdogs where the pipes split to go to the 2 ss cannons, he said that he could fix that and proceeded to tach into the end of the cannons a couple of small sleeves, wow, what a difference, now it purrs, not much louder than the stock system.
its a cat back 2 1/2" to 2x2"dual cannon with a small resonator behind the cat.
i couldnt be happier with the job, the guy and the price, btw, he didnt charge me for the extra sleeve insertion.:D
BB.
btw, post more :cool:

TheBlackBeast
03-30-2010, 04:08 PM
Nice upgrade on SUE!!! :D

blackbeard
03-30-2010, 04:30 PM
guys, i have started the mods thanks to your advice.
i have installed a k&n air filter for intake breathability, now i really can hear the bov, pcheeww, and had a new cat back exhaust system built locally by copying a hks pic of their silent power option.
the filter was $150, mrt wanted $500 for a similar product, the exhaust was $700, hks wanted $2500 for both the exhaust and intake upgrade, go figure, heh.
i had a sleepless night when i got the exhaust installed after test driving it.
basically it sounded like crap, it was loud and the drone at 100k/hr was very intrusive, so i took it back and wanted him to put a coupla hotdogs where the pipes split to go to the 2 ss cannons, he said that he could fix that and proceeded to tach into the end of the cannons a couple of small sleeves, wow, what a difference, now it purrs, not much louder than the stock system.
its a cat back 2 1/2" to 2x2"dual cannon with a small resonator behind the cat.
i couldnt be happier with the job, the guy and the price, btw, he didnt charge me for the extra sleeve insertion.:D
BB.
btw, post more :cool:

thanks fellah, i love it.
i copied this one on the rhs.:D

geargrinder
03-30-2010, 06:21 PM
Ha ha you called his car Sue :D

All joking aside, the exhaust looks great. So, do the police over in Australia give you a lot of problems for running loud exhausts, and performance parts?