PDA

View Full Version : Ralliart Turbo upgrade

jsurfdog
04-24-2010, 09:35 PM
I could use a little help here. I have an Evo x turbo to put in, with manifold. I have already purchased an Evo X IC and pipes, high flow cat and cat back exhaust. What else needs to be changed? I know the downpipe needs to be replaced. I hear the battery has to be repositioned, is that true, and why? Will an AMS small battery give enough room if put in same position as original battery? What about injectors, will Ralliart injectors do, or do I need to upgrade, and if so, to what? Will Evo X injectors drop in?

Anyone out there done one of these swaps? Notice any difference in performance?

geargrinder
04-24-2010, 10:22 PM
Somewhere I saw a list of everything you'll need. I'll see if I can find it.

Ladogaboy
04-24-2010, 11:30 PM
There are a few pretty extensive write ups on Evolutionm.net. Where are you located? If you're asking these types of questions, you really should be working through a tuner. Just a brief synopsis of the EVO X turbo swap:

There are a lot of "little" parts that will need to be changed with the turbo swap
The RA's fuel delivery system is pretty much the same as the EVO's (same size injectors and fuel pump)
You absolutely must have a tune
You will see HUGE power increases (more than the RA's tranny can hold)
When getting tuned, you can have the RA's redline upped by about 1,000 rpm
You will need to make room for the stock EVO intake system (or you could go with an aftermarket CAI/SRI)

2010 Rallihead Sportback
04-25-2010, 11:04 PM
why is it that you dont need a intake on the Stg3 from AMS
located here http://www.amsperformance.com/cart/ams-mitsubishi-lancer-cy4a-ralliart-stage-3.html does that mean that the stock intake will be enough? Also what happens if I buy the FMIC upgrade from them would i have to tweak the tune of the Stg3 to be able to use the FMIC, or would the stock FMIC hold up just fine with the temp change?

jsurfdog
04-25-2010, 11:26 PM
There are a lot of "little" parts that will need to be changed with the turbo swap
The RA's fuel delivery system is pretty much the same as the EVO's (same size injectors and fuel pump)
You absolutely must have a tune
You will see HUGE power increases (more than the RA's tranny can hold)
When getting tuned, you can have the RA's redline upped by about 1,000 rpm
You will need to make room for the stock EVO intake system (or you could go with an aftermarket CAI/SRI)

Thanks. I am working with a tuner, but doing a bit of research first. The Ralliart will be tuned with stock turbo and aftermarket exhaust (turbo back) and Evo X IC within the next week or so. Just waiting on part. I'm trying to determine how much it will cost to upgrade to the Evo Turbo, before letting my tuner loose. I was interested to see the Ralliarts fuel pump and injectors are the same as the Evos, as I received different information elsewhere. I also have been told the Ralliart tranny (TC/SST) is the same as the Evos, just programmed a bit differently (no Super Sport mode, only sport mode).

jsurfdog
04-25-2010, 11:27 PM
Thanks. Looking forward to it.

TheBlackBeast
04-27-2010, 03:01 PM
Parts list and prices are here:
http://clubralliart.com/showthread.php?t=351&highlight=turbo+swap

09ralliartgirl
04-27-2010, 10:21 PM
heres a place that makes clutch parts for the sst transmissions, there pretty expensive but well worth it.

http://www.sspperformance.com/products/index.php?cPath=33_39_110&osCsid=41cc00aac936aa2066447d17af02bec9