PDA

View Full Version : tuning and flashing information

Ralliart23
06-02-2010, 07:42 PM
im thinking about buying a cobb access port for my ralliart and i was wondering a few things before i buy it. when you get a new product, say an intake, or exhaust or whatever and a 'tune' is required, is this something that can be done by the access port, or do these tunes need to be done in a profession shop somewhere. i mean i know that the access port comes with preset maps, but say i decide to buy an intake in which the car needs a tune to operate correctly, is this attainable from the access port or do i need it done by a shop.

(noob on tuning and flashing so excuse my ignorance haha)

geargrinder
06-02-2010, 09:10 PM
The Cobb access port is only really good if you live on a deserted island where you have no access to a good performance shop. You'll pay $600? Then you will have to follow the proscribed mod paths based on what map you want to run. These maps are on the super conservative side due to liability issues. If you want to take your own path, you'll need to find a tuner who can tune using the pro-tune software. Also, you will still have to pay the tuning fee. So now you are up to a grand or more, just for the access port.
Where do you live? Might be worth looking into your local tuning options :D

geargrinder
06-03-2010, 06:35 AM
Also, to address a different part of you question, if you look at each map, it will tell you what mods you need for each map, all based on the available fuel options in your area. Very important not to stray away from the proscribed mods.

http://www.accessecu.com/accessport/mitsubishi/AP-MIT-002/LancerMaps.html

MikeW-RRE
06-03-2010, 01:58 PM
Yep, it mostly comes down to where you live. Where are you located at? Maybe we can recommend a local trusted tuner for you to check out.

Mike W

Ralliart23
06-03-2010, 06:29 PM
haha i live in canada, im from toronto :D

geargrinder
06-03-2010, 08:25 PM
haha i live in canada, im from toronto :D

Well why don't you call Ultimate Racing and see who they would recommend. The are in Toronto as well.

http://www.ultimate-racing.com/

MikeW-RRE
06-03-2010, 10:38 PM
I would also recomend Magnus Motorsports there. They tune both the Cobb AP and ECUFLash and would be able to advise what is best for you. Marco there is cool people for sure.

www.magnusmotorsports.com

Magnus Motorsports

8600 Keele St., Unit # 33
Concord, Ontario
Canada L4K 4H8
Tel. #: 905 669 8400 Fax. #: 905 669 0888

Mike W

Ralliart23
06-05-2010, 09:00 AM
thanks guys ill check those spots out :)