PDA

View Full Version : Amsoil

rmralliart09
06-22-2010, 09:05 PM
I didnt know what this would go under but here it goes im pretty shure many of you have heard about it (Not to be confused with ams the performance company) but if you have not its the oil that claims to be so good that you can go 20,000 miles or something like that before every oil change. MY QUESTION IS IF ANY ONE HAS EVER TRIED THIS OIL AND DOES IT WORK??:confused:

TheBlackBeast
06-23-2010, 10:46 AM
I've heard of it but never used it.

MTZL
06-23-2010, 11:08 AM
I didnt know what this would go under but here it goes im pretty shure many of you have heard about it (Not to be confused with ams the performance company) but if you have not its the oil that claims to be so good that you can go 20,000 miles or something like that before every oil change. MY QUESTION IS IF ANY ONE HAS EVER TRIED THIS OIL AND DOES IT WORK??:confused:

I WOULD NOT GO 20,000 MILES without an oil change no matter what kind of oil you get. check @ 3k & again @ 5k make sure you got plenty of oil & that it is not dark in color.
Full Synthetic is your best option on oil no matter what brand.
Some brand offers better thermal resistant than others.
You cant go wrong with Mobile 1 brand but Im sure other brand are just as good for normal driving conditions.

GTS_Rob
06-23-2010, 12:13 PM
amsoil is quite spectacular. but id never go 20k on any car with any oil ever...

rmralliart09
06-23-2010, 07:12 PM
yea thats what i was thinking i use mobile 1 right now so i guess im going to stick with that one for now thanks for the feed back

Tuqwik4u
06-24-2010, 10:05 AM
Look up Torco synthetic motor oils. I switched from Royal Purple to Torco SR-5 and i immediatly felt and heard a difference in the idle and performance mostly. I attended a double blind oil dyno test recently and Torco SR-5 placed first. Mobil 1 did place second but there was quite a bit of gap between the two. AMSoil wasn't used in the test but i hear only good things about it. Stick with 5k oil changes.