PDA

View Full Version : launch

CJ RA 10
06-24-2010, 08:59 PM
launch teqnique.......
feel free to add one,the one i was shown and it works is to turn off asc switch to sports mode hold the brake and tap the throttle fast several times and the clutch wont engage so yo get the revs up to about 3500 then let go of the brake and hang on,you must be very quik tapping the throttle.
it works..

give it a go.:eek:

CJ RA 10
06-25-2010, 08:32 PM
you will get some wheel spin off the line but thats ok,did it last nit in the wet
and wheel spun all of 1st gear and a bit of second,massive launch.

Tuqwik4u
06-26-2010, 06:19 AM
How hard do i hold the brake? How far do i tap the throttle down? And do i tap it as fast as i can? Post a vid if u can. I will definatly try it thanks.

CJ RA 10
06-26-2010, 07:39 AM
dont need to hold the brake hard and tap the throttle as quik as you can
0-50% is about rite u will feel that the clutch hasent engaged so get those revs up 3500-4000 ish and hold on!!

only got minimal mods flash tune boost pill and k&n panel filter.171kw @ the wheels ,this launch will take almost half a second of your time.

go to www.clubcj.net and sign up. go onto youtube and search
Ral1rts Quater mile,thats the best video of this launch listen carefully
and youl get the idea.have fun letus know how it goes.

Tuqwik4u
06-26-2010, 08:29 AM
Ive seen those vids before of that black RA i didn't pay attention to the revs before the launch, looks like it works very well thanks for posting. Ill try it soon and get back to you by tonight. :p

CJ RA 10
06-26-2010, 06:27 PM
awsome, just note he didnt let the revs get up too much.

Golyadkin
06-26-2010, 08:49 PM
I had heard that holding down the brake, turning of ASC, and getting the revs up to 3000-3500 then releasing the brake and flooring it. No confirmation on it working, though. Also heard that it's one of the most sure ways to get the "slow down" warning.

Tuqwik4u
06-27-2010, 01:49 AM
Yeah this way is more efficient and is very very close to how a regular manuel is. It brought me a big smile. : }

CJ RA 10
06-27-2010, 05:08 AM
yeah the first time i launched it i stalled it up like an auto holding the brake and throttle at the same time,this is very BAD for the clutches it superheats them and will cause premiture wear,and it even smells like a wrx launching.BAD.

Ralliart23
06-27-2010, 08:59 AM
i was just about to post a thread about launch and then i saw this one haha perfect! i was going to say, the turbo lag in 1st gear is terrible. if i hammer it in first it honestly takes forever for the car to start moving, then it hits 2nd and takes right the F*%$ off haha. i havent tried this method though, sounds like its really hard on the car :s

MTZL
06-27-2010, 09:07 AM
Not that I would try it but
Post some vids or link of vids. Show us some launches.
:)

Ralliart23
06-27-2010, 09:09 AM
^^^^+1 +1 +1

Ralliart26
06-27-2010, 01:30 PM
I've been turning off the ASC, putting it into sport mode, and switching it to manual mode. when i come to the tree i hold the brake and rev to 3000 rpms. Once i take off I quickly switch it back to automatic and let it shift itself. So far its been working very well.

zeRep85
06-27-2010, 02:04 PM
i simply dont launch my car...

Do any of you guys have aftermarket tranny coolers?

zeRep85
06-27-2010, 02:09 PM
I've been turning off the ASC, putting it into sport mode, and switching it to manual mode. when i come to the tree i hold the brake and rev to 3000 rpms. Once i take off I quickly switch it back to automatic and let it shift itself. So far its been working very well.

This sounds scary too me...while switching back to automatic accidentally go into N and hit the rev limiter!!!...no bueno para mi..

GTS_Rob
06-27-2010, 04:11 PM
power brake that shiiiiit

Jackal
06-27-2010, 06:04 PM
I have had some good results from doing the turn ASC off and blipping the gas just under 3000 RPM with Sport mode on but keeping it in manual mode the whole time but not shifting till just after 5200 RPM. This still leaves a good buffer so you don't hit the Rev limiter and look like an idiot LOL ! Rev Limiter is aprox at 6500 RPM.

If you leave it in Auto matic mode it wants to shift between 4200 to 4600 RPM. Doing it my self I can pump up the revs higher before shifting it my self and you get more feedback as to the road conditions and a bit more jump forward when you shift. I love it!

Tuqwik4u
06-28-2010, 02:46 AM
MTZL type in ral1rts on youtube. I tried it and it works very well and imo not hard on the drivetrain much.

Tuqwik4u
06-28-2010, 02:48 AM
This works a lot better than power braking and is easier on the clutch/drivetrain. I am glad he posted this.

zeRep85
06-28-2010, 08:58 AM
.......the drivetrain much.

lol @ much

MTZL
06-28-2010, 09:31 AM
Yeah I dont have money to shell out for upgrade or repair.
Wish I did, I would go to the track & see how long the tires last. :D
I need my RA to last as long as possible with the least amount of cost to operate as possible. (Yes, I got too many bills)
I do like what some of yal are doing testing the limitation & finding a way around no launching on RA BS.
If I had the money for my RA... I would go all out upgrade for reliability parts for TC-SST.
Big UPs to all pushing their RA off the line.
:cool:

zeRep85
06-28-2010, 09:57 AM
^ Love GG w/ black front end!

MTZL
07-12-2010, 10:56 PM
Thanks zeRep85

I have tested the ASC off, Sports Mode, Left Foot Brake & tap gas pedal free the clutch no jerking free rev (preload engine power) but I didnt launch it.
Im suppressing my urges til I get to a track.

hackerrei
07-13-2010, 08:48 AM
Hi guy's

What were the 0-60 times you guy's placed while doing this?
I have posted a 5.9 sec and 6.2 sec with asc on and in sport auto reg launch idel and smash it.
Sport manual I posted 6.9 sec and 7.3 asc on and idel then smash it shift at 6500rpm

No hard launching.

Mods Cobb stage 2 91 oct and GFB BOV.

Would like to see others time using hard launching.

Nick

MTZL
07-13-2010, 10:10 AM
You wanna look at your dyno sheet. (GET ONE)
Look at your engine power band where the highest peak powers are in torque & hp on rpm.
That rpm is where you wanna be, max power. Thats In theory anyways, since I dont drag my RA you guys will be the one to verify.
Depends on your traction (tire & suspension setup) you might not want to max power maybe a lil bit less than max power for traction.

awdmonster
12-13-2010, 05:09 PM
I tried that method of launching It works I would not do it again I figure it puts a lot of wear and tear on my car(clutches) I did not get the RA to launch it i got it and handle on the turns and go to the canyon runs

vplukas101
12-13-2010, 05:16 PM
i do the good old nutural rev up to 5 grand and drop it into D :cool:

haha jk :D

MTZL
12-14-2010, 11:06 AM
i do the good old nutural rev up to 5 grand and drop it into D :cool:

haha jk :D

If I win the lotto. Bullet proof TC-SST maybe hack TCU & install a clutch pedal to a button control/overwrite TC still keep factory Auto & Manual Mode. It should be do-able if there is a signal we should be able to intercept it with a button overwrite & pedal.

So basically installing a clutch pedal to control TC-SST. & still keep auto-manual mode from factory. Hook it up to the button next to ASC to go back to factory mode Clutch pedal-less or Clutch pedal mode.
Well thats my idea on the drawing board anyways...
There are TC-SST tunning because it has a Computer Unit in the Transmission. If you can talk to it & if you can make it to talk back its possible.

Maybe Mike W@RRE can chime in on my idea if its at all do-able...

Mkid
12-14-2010, 02:55 PM
I don't think that would be any good for normal driving. Just for launches? If so, then just have it so when you hit the button, it disengages the clutch but when you let go it just returns back to normal where it will clutch by itself.

EDIT: I guess it might be handy for drifting too...

MTZL
12-14-2010, 03:07 PM
I don't think that would be any good for normal driving. Just for launches? If so, then just have it so when you hit the button, it disengages the clutch but when you let go it just returns back to normal where it will clutch by itself.

EDIT: I guess it might be handy for drifting too...

In theory, The button = ON will just be for overwrite TC-SST & button = off return to normal TCU control TC-SST.
When Button = ON the pedal will control clutch operation.

Might be interesting.. :)

MTZL
12-14-2010, 04:16 PM
Maybe its all just crazy talk about putting clutch pedal in our TC-SST. Idk. I dont have enough knowledge to make it possible. I definitely dont have the money to venture into the unknown.. :p