PDA

View Full Version : pretty cool find when buying my vortex gen

Ralliart23
06-25-2010, 08:23 AM
when i was looking for my vortex generator that i just bought, i came across this guy on ebay who makes a crapload of products for the lancer, which i thought were mostly pretty cool. his name is rick chong, this is the ebay store and his products

http://stores.shop.ebay.ca/rickchong-store__W0QQ_armrsZ1

i bought a vortex gen from him for my RA just recently and id imagine it wont be here for a while but ill post pics when i get it. check out his store some of the products are pretty cool

Jackal
06-25-2010, 05:20 PM
Just out of Curiosity why did you buy a Vortex Gen as it was only needed on the past gen cars. The current generation are more aerodynamic and it's not needed. Your Car but I wouldn't to driving a new Lancer around having people think I was an Idiot. Just thought I would put in my 2 cents, no offense intended.

Ralliart23
06-25-2010, 06:00 PM
It's for looks not for performance on my car. I've always liked the looks of the vortex generators on the lancers and I just wanted to put one on mine. Sorry that you think I'm an idiot...

Golyadkin
06-25-2010, 06:45 PM
NEVER buy from rickchong.

He's well known at 9gLancers. He's famous there for selling a lot of products at anywhere from a 50%-400% markup. He's charged over $500 for products that sell for under $200 from the manufacturer.
Everything he sells is way overpriced. NEVER buy from him.

geargrinder
06-25-2010, 09:38 PM
It's for looks not for performance on my car. I've always liked the looks of the vortex generators on the lancers and I just wanted to put one on mine. Sorry that you think I'm an idiot...
I don't think he meant it that way, I hope. This forum is not for insults and know it all's. That's what evolutionm is for, lol. I like to think this place if for Ralliart enthusiasts to be enthusiastic about Ralliarts :D
Anyway, for me I don't care if the VG does anything or not, I think they look cool. Good find.

Tuqwik4u
06-26-2010, 06:11 AM
Nice ride Golyadkin ; )

rmralliart09
06-27-2010, 10:16 PM
well i can tell u for sure the side mount license plate bracket id over priced i bought it from my local dealer for $47 and some change and he wants $86

TheBlackBeast
06-28-2010, 09:07 AM
I love the vortex gens - they look great especially when you start to think why they were added originally. They even add them to some RV's to help smooth the air flow out the back and increase MPG. So while they may not do much for this version of the lancer, it still would spark a great conversation about air flow and aerodynamics when someone asks what they are.

Good to know about rickchong shop being overpriced. If I ever find myself there I will price comparison shop first.

Ralliart23
07-10-2010, 06:11 AM
finally got my vortex gen in the mail. At first glance the thing is pretty cheap looking and flimsy, but i figured that its only like that because it has to be thin resting on the roof to decrease drag and just not look retarded. Anyways, i was pretty upset to see that it was like that out of the box, and i contemplated not even installing the thing. my opinions were completely reversed once i put her on. once the gen is installed (which is a bitch if you do it by yourself and without a buddys help) the thing looks awesome! the 3m tape provides a very strong bond, but at the same time is completely reversible if you feel its necessary to take it off. Even my father (who is an american muscle guy, and hates imports) said, "the car is actually starting to look pretty greasy (his way of saying awesome)" after he saw it.

Pictures will be coming soon!

MTZL
07-10-2010, 10:04 AM
"Greasy" lol. I havent heard that in a long time...
-Yo ride is greasy dawg! lol
-Yo ride need a wipe down cause its GREASY! lol
-Yo ride can give a Jerry Curls cause its GREASY! :D