PDA

View Full Version : bye bye little Ralliart.

geargrinder
07-23-2010, 11:22 PM
Yep, I traded the ra in for a 2006 rally red Evolution IX RS with only 22k miles on the clock. Sam at South Coast gave me such a great deal on the car, and bought the RA for a pretty decent price. I just couldn't pass it up.
Anyway this is a great forum, everyone here is helpful and polite. I hope to still be a part of it even though I not in the ra any longer. Here is a picture of the new steed.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs196.snc4/38119_1355248156994_1105154239_30848060_8264774_n. jpg

ps- I have a bunch of stock parts if anyone need them, really cheep :D I'll post a thread later in the fs section.

RalliNurse
07-23-2010, 11:51 PM
Yep, I traded the ra in for a 2006 rally red Evolution IX RS with only 22k miles on the clock. Sam at South Coast gave me such a great deal on the car, and bought the RA for a pretty decent price. I just couldn't pass it up.
Anyway this is a great forum, everyone here is helpful and polite. I hope to still be a part of it even though I not in the ra any longer. Here is a picture of the new steed.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs196.snc4/38119_1355248156994_1105154239_30848060_8264774_n. jpg

ps- I have a bunch of stock parts if anyone need them, really cheep :D I'll post a thread later in the fs section.

SELL-OUT!!! TRAITOR!!!:D

read my post on socalevo...lol...

geargrinder
07-24-2010, 07:09 AM
Thanks buddy!! I'll take that as a congratulations, lol.

MTZL
07-24-2010, 09:09 AM
NICE RS! Congrats since you a ballah you should've kept the RA.
So what kind of deal did you get or is that top secret?
Any more pics??
Engine & Interior pics plz.

MTZL
07-24-2010, 09:27 AM
^I got a feeling He is gonna trade that RS in too, I give him about a year or two. :D
So what r your plans for the RS?
I understand & you're always welcome to this site.

That 2006 EVO IX RS should have been name 2006 IX Ralliart
& 2006 lancer ralliart should have been name 2006 GTS
stupid mitsu marketing team.

Because in 2008+ mitsu killed RS version & replaced with 2009 Ralliart..
Im sorry for your loss on the 09 Ralliart.

The only car I would trade my 09 Ralliart for is FQ400 (4mpg) nvm lol.

geargrinder
07-24-2010, 10:00 AM
FQ400 FTMFW! In any case I've always felt that the 2006 RS is the purest and best Evolution to come to the states. It was serendipity for sure as I happened to be looking for an STI :D. For the most part buying a used Evolution is a gamble, especially RS's. They tend to be the ones that get raced to most. This one though is in really good shape, and low miles too. I'd say the only bad thing is I can smell that the car was owned by a smoker, and there was an attempt to cover it up with some kind of cleaner. I'm hoping a few days in the sun with the windows open will help.
Thanks for the kind words. I've always loved this car, glad I bought it, though I'm going to miss the transmission from the RA :'(

MTZL
07-24-2010, 07:47 PM
FQ400 FTMFW! In any case I've always felt that the 2006 RS is the purest and best Evolution to come to the states. It was serendipity for sure as I happened to be looking for an STI :D. For the most part buying a used Evolution is a gamble, especially RS's. They tend to be the ones that get raced to most. This one though is in really good shape, and low miles too. I'd say the only bad thing is I can smell that the car was owned by a smoker, and there was an attempt to cover it up with some kind of cleaner. I'm hoping a few days in the sun with the windows open will help.
Thanks for the kind words. I've always loved this car, glad I bought it, though I'm going to miss the transmission from the RA :'(

FQ400 is out of my budget. I wish.. :o
Hey, sometime you choose the car & some times the car choose you.
For me, Ralliart chose me ;)

I for one would like to hear more about your RS & your plans & experiences with your RS. I agree it being the purest EVO for sport. Are you gonna start autoXing?

geargrinder
07-24-2010, 09:20 PM
I'm not really sure what I want to do yet. It's already lowered. I already have an appointment for tuning. Also, while digging around the garage today, I found an Apexi down pipe that mysteriously found it's way into my car already. Anyhow, I definitely want to keep it kind of stealth. As stealth as a fire engine red car can be :D
I did some driving today, and I have to say I had completely forgotten what it is like to be able to turn. Wow.
I'll keep this thread posted when things magically happen to the car :)

TheBlackBeast
07-25-2010, 08:44 PM

Oh dang it, just when I finally spotted ya, you go and sell the ralliart! Well, its been great having you and your car on the site - you've contributed a lot. I hope you will still stop by! I'm sure I'll see you at the meets though.

Definitely give me a heads up on parts/tires/wheels/etc...

geargrinder
07-26-2010, 06:22 AM
without a doubt.

RalliNurse
07-26-2010, 09:41 PM
yeah Dan...it's a pleasure to meet you...just don't forget us lil guys...lol

geargrinder
08-07-2010, 05:54 PM
so far have gotten a down pipe, Ultimate Racing High flow cat, and today I scored a RRE stealth cat back exhaust. As well as an almost new set of MR Bilstein shocks. Got the alignment done. Also I just picked up a complete Sony stereo system. Almost ready for the first tune. Been a busy week :D

geargrinder
08-07-2010, 05:56 PM
ps- an ecu tune, not a stereo tune, MTZL! Only because I know you'ed say that :p

zeRep85
08-07-2010, 07:23 PM
lol

Nice geargrinder! Mod very quickly. Took me forever to get a downpipe!

Update pics si no?

MTZL
08-08-2010, 01:11 AM
I'm not really sure what I want to do yet. It's already lowered. I already have an appointment for tuning. Also, while digging around the garage today, I found an Apexi down pipe that mysteriously found it's way into my car already. Anyhow, I definitely want to keep it kind of stealth. As stealth as a fire engine red car can be :D
I did some driving today, and I have to say I had completely forgotten what it is like to be able to turn. Wow.
I'll keep this thread posted when things magically happen to the car :)

Damn I got a wrong garage! I wish I had magical garage with parts just magically appear or magically installed.
NICE! Stealthy RALLY RED! lol.
Like a fat guy trying to hide behind a skinny pole.

MTZL
08-08-2010, 01:23 AM
so far have gotten a down pipe, Ultimate Racing High flow cat, and today I scored a RRE stealth cat back exhaust. As well as an almost new set of MR Bilstein shocks. Got the alignment done. Also I just picked up a complete Sony stereo system. Almost ready for the first tune. Been a busy week :D

I thought RRE doesnt make parts.. Im confused.. but there is another RRE (motorsports) that make parts but for prancers. :D thats what I recall Mike W RRE said. lol.

Bilstein Shocks are f@ckin awesome!

ps- an ecu tune, not a stereo tune, MTZL! Only because I know you'ed say that :p

I was gonna say, turn BASS, MID & Treble all the way up!
that the way to tune a sony! ;)

geargrinder
08-09-2010, 06:41 AM
Roadrace engineering makes every thing imaginable for the Evolution, and if they don't make it they sell it. The only thing they don't do is informative web sites. That being said, the exhaust I got is a perfect fit, and the sound is just what I wanted.
Roadrace Motor Sports I think is all the rest of the cars, Lancers, Suzuki, Kia...