mTEV
07-25-2010, 08:38 PM
Does anyone have a custom exhaust bolted on their ralliart right now?:o

TheBlackBeast
07-25-2010, 08:48 PM
yes.... why?

mTEV
07-25-2010, 08:49 PM
I'm looking into getting one, I was just wonder what kind of set up you would consider.

TheBlackBeast
07-25-2010, 08:53 PM
I would highly, highly recommend you stop by RRE in Santa Fe Springs. They did my setup and I have been really happy with what they did. Magnaflow canister and custom mount/piping/studs.

mTEV
07-25-2010, 09:05 PM
How much gains in hp did you get?

TheBlackBeast
07-26-2010, 10:18 AM
Well, I did a Evo X I/C and tune at the same time as the exhaust, so its hard to say how much the exhaust netted in HP alone. That combo netted about a 55-60HP/TQ gain. The total for parts and labor was around $1200.

zeRep85
07-26-2010, 12:07 PM
How much gains in hp did you get?

Well on the butt dyno maybe like 40 HP!!! lol

Just felt like the throttle response was better. And the sound...dont get me started on the sound. :) Lovely.

BTW. i have a 3" RRE Catback STEALTH.

RalliNurse
07-26-2010, 10:06 PM
mtev...there is a DC sport exhaust I saw at mod...it looks and sound awsome...but I think it's about 6 bills or more...ams is about 8 bills...RRE is lot cheaper...

BTW...how did you paint ur chrome trim black?

mTEV
07-27-2010, 03:28 AM
it's just vinyl :p used electrical tape and measured it to fit.
BTW I just did a custom exhaust it's 3" from the cat and then a "Y" end with my stock tips no muffler.
I was looking into the DC sports exhaust but I just didn't have the money for it.

Ralliart Guy
08-10-2010, 04:14 PM
Does anyone have a custom exhaust bolted on their ralliart right now?:o
MTEV,

I just had a Borla exhaust installed on my 09 Ralliart and let me tell you what a great investment. It sounds amazing! It has a deep howl to it that is nothing like the run of the mill coffee can sound. Some have posted videos of their Ralliart with the Borla exhaust installed so you can get an idea of what it sounds like. It runs about $920 dollars and I got mine from Amazon because other places took forever to ship. The part number is 140334 and this is specifically for the 09 Ralliart. The service station said they had NO problems installing the catback system and that Borla was a great exhaust that usually fits very well. This exhaust is considerably louder than the stock but, it is not obsessively loud. Everytime I start my car I smile....You may want to keep your right foot light on the gas if you are driving through your housing community in the morning! This exhaust will wake the neighbors if you want it tooooooo. I know this is going to be a question to someone so I with throw this tidbit of info out there. I only noticed a minimal gain in horsepower (judging from driving it) but, I did notice that the engine seems to breath much better. The sound of this exhaust makes it worth it, trust me on that one......

oktaneRA
08-10-2010, 08:25 PM
Mtev I'm running the same custom 3"catback...the only difference I made
mine one exit....love the deeep sound of my exhaust....a lil loud for neighbors tho...

mTEV
08-11-2010, 01:11 PM
Mtev I'm running the same custom 3"catback...the only difference I made
mine one exit....love the deeep sound of my exhaust....a lil loud for neighbors tho...

+1 Yeah my neighbors can hear me from down the street haha.:rolleyes:

oktaneRA
08-11-2010, 03:17 PM
Mtev what kind of filter are you on???