PDA

View Full Version : Front seats from EVO 9 fit the RA?

steviergjames
07-29-2010, 12:08 AM
Greetings, after a laser 4 wheel alignment and suspension set up my wee car is pulling some serious cornering G with now left and right corners balanced and most of the original understeer or push dialled out.
Getting thrown around like a rag doll amd miss those seats I used to have in my EVO IX, would these or other EVO seats fit the RA seat rails?

Blaze
07-29-2010, 07:22 AM
Short answer: NO. The brackets for the seats are completely different because the chasis of the car are completely different.

Longer answer: What you could do is separate the two seats from their perspective brackets and see if the new ones will line up with the sliders as well as the mount poins on the floor board. If they did, you'd be home free. If they did not, just remove them and run a bracket from Wedge Engineering. You'll want to call ahead and explain that you are doing an OEM Recaro swap out of an evo. This way they don't give you an aftermarket bracket....

FYI, the wedge engineering brackets are well made, have excellent alignment and the bolt holes line up the first time every time. However, they sit slightly higher with aftermarket seats. I don't know what the height placement would be like for an OEM swap. I swapped evo seats into my 2G and they wound up being about the same height (but that's a different car)

Hope that helps. They are located in Long Beach, CA. Brackets run around $120.
www.wedgeengineering.net/

Road Race Engineering may also be able to make a set of brackets for the car. Give them a call too.
http://roadraceengineering.com /Blaze_referred_me_please_give_him_big-time_kick-backs.html