PDA

View Full Version : Makeover 2.0

chessrace
08-15-2010, 05:43 PM
I decided to lower my car as the next item in a list of planned improvements.

I went with the Eibach Pro Kit and dropped everything 30mm. It looks a whole lot better, the quality of the ride feels stock and I have not experienced any bottoming issues in my daily driving. Handling has improved as well.

Though the before picture is a little shadowy, there is a definite improvement in appearance from before to after.

zeRep85
08-15-2010, 06:19 PM
Nice. Im on Eibachs as well.

Ralliart23
08-15-2010, 06:43 PM
people told me that if you rely on just springs to lower your car and not a full coilover kit, that your shocks will wear out after a year or so. true or false?

RalliNurse
08-15-2010, 06:49 PM
not too sure on that though...but on my old car my shocks blown about a year...but my springs were H&B and Koni shocks...springs is very bouncy...i guess that's why my shocks blown out quick...but i haven't heard anything about eibachs blown out stock shocks...

MTZL
08-15-2010, 07:27 PM
Where did you get your mud flaps?

MikeW-RRE
08-15-2010, 10:45 PM
Stock shocks get noticeably worn after a year with stock suspension. Jump out of your year old RalliArt and into a new one at the dealer and you will feel the difference right away. Add to it that the average guy waits a year or more before lowering a new car. So the average guy puts on lowering springs and a year later notices that his stock shocks are feeling tired.

But think about it, most anytime anywhere you get this kneew jerk answer fromthe message board peanut gallery, is it from someone that actually put on lowering springs and killed his shocks? Or is it someone saying that they "heard" is is going to happen?

Cutting springs and taking out the bump stops will blow out the shocks. Also some of the extreme lowering springs like the Eibach Sportline and some e-bay chinese springs will blow out shocks from bottoming out. Eibach Prokit springs are not those.

Mike W

chessrace
08-16-2010, 10:07 AM
Where did you get your mud flaps?

I had them installed by the dealership. The part #'s from a Mitsubishi accessory catalog are: MZ380400EX (front) and MZ380401EX (rear). They are listed for the Lancer, but will fit the Ralliart as well.

MTZL
08-16-2010, 10:46 AM
I had them installed by the dealership. The part #'s from a Mitsubishi accessory catalog are: MZ380400EX (front) and MZ380401EX (rear). They are listed for the Lancer, but will fit the Ralliart as well.

:cool:
Dealers & part stores are as always more confused than me.
When I told them (dealership) I want mud flaps for my 09 Lancer Ralliart when I bought my RA.
They told me they dont have mud flaps for Lancer Ralliart.
I asked about SUN ROOF & Leather Interior!!!
They told me SUN ROOF & leather interior are not an options & they r not available at all for Lancer Ralliart.
I saw Leather Interiors on RA & Sun roof on Canadian Versions.
Your RA is the only one I saw with Mud Flaps, I had in mind.
Many Thanks for the PNs. I appreciated.

TurboAWD
07-24-2012, 10:26 PM
I know this thread is old but my 2011 has leather and sun roof. Its the touring package. Also I lowered my car about a month after I bought it new and after almost a year the struts still feel fine. No noticeable wear yet. I used Tein lowering springs. With the bump stops in.