PDA

View Full Version : Are those the belts?

TheBlackBeast
08-20-2010, 11:07 PM
So... I was pulling my tires off for my 30k rotation and looky what I found on the front right tire. Oi. Thank goodness I nabbed that set of wheels from geargrinder! Talk about saving the day! I'm pretty lucky this didn't blowout on me. The rubber was already separating from the belts. The weird thing is it wasn't losing any pressure. And to think I've been on the Ortega twice within the last week makes me think someone was holding this tire together for me...

GAbOS
08-20-2010, 11:41 PM
:D hehe

I took my stock rims and tires to my first AutoX last weekend. They got pulled off the car yesterday for a set of lame steelie 16's and Kumho ASX's. On the Cheap!

After my first event.. I know I'm hooked, so preping early for real fun tire spendage. :)

wutangmo15
08-20-2010, 11:53 PM
Wow. I'm glad you caught that before something bad happened.

MTZL
08-21-2010, 10:32 AM
Damn...

You need alignment if you hadnt done it already,
from the factory the alignment on mine was off on both rear tires.

My Rear Right has more outter wear. Rear Left has more inner wear.
Like I make too many left turns but i actually make more right turns...???
All i know is I need alignment. lol.

TheBlackBeast
08-21-2010, 01:42 PM
Wow. I'm glad you caught that before something bad happened.
you and me both!
Damn...

You need alignment if you hadnt done it already,
from the factory the alignment on mine was off on both rear tires.

My Rear Right has more outter wear. Rear Left has more inner wear.
Like I make too many left turns but i actually make more right turns...???
All i know is I need alignment. lol.
Not sure if its all alignment or a combination of alignment/Super Mitsubisihi weekend and spirited driving. There is this on ramp that's a real hard off camber left hand sweeper. It even has a little bump in the asphalt at the apex similar to FIA apex curbing... :D

geargrinder
08-22-2010, 07:49 AM
I'm glad you didn't have a blowout, especially on some canyon road. Being that there is no camber adjustment in this car, you better start stocking up on more tires. For as much driving as you do, why don't you have your suspension person set the car at 0 degree toe. It won't do anything for having a stable feeling, but might reduce some tire wear. just a thought.

ralli_kid
08-22-2010, 04:52 PM
dammm that wouldve been bad. glad to hear you found out on time....