PDA

View Full Version : Newb here...

GAbOS
08-20-2010, 11:58 PM
I've owned my 2010 Wcked White ralliart for about a month now. Slapped Rallyart flaps on it, purchased a helmet and SCCA regional membership. Ran my first Solo event in TDS last weekend and placed 14th in PAX! Am pleased with zero setup work done to the car.

Just purchased some steel basic 16" wheels and Kumho ASX' yesterday for the daily driving duties, and maybe an RallyX or two. ;>

I've sim raced for 10+ years pretty heavy, and was sketching F1 cars in my Dr. Sues books before I can remember. Dit the mustang straight line thing growing up. Even pimped a 2.3 Ranger pretty hard. (shh strong block). When I moved from NC to NV, I made it a Bucket List to race for real, and I'm not disapointed in my choice of the Ralliart over the sea of Subies.

I'm still worried about the tranny tho. She's hella quick on the autoX course, but not sure about reliability.

I know what motor oil I want to run, but need more info on the other fluids. Any Real racers out there.. speak up! :)

-G

MTZL
08-21-2010, 10:18 AM
I've owned my 2010 Wcked White ralliart for about a month now. Slapped Rallyart flaps on it, purchased a helmet and SCCA regional membership. Ran my first Solo event in TDS last weekend and placed 14th in PAX! Am pleased with zero setup work done to the car.

Just purchased some steel basic 16" wheels and Kumho ASX' yesterday for the daily driving duties, and maybe an RallyX or two. ;>

I've sim raced for 10+ years pretty heavy, and was sketching F1 cars in my Dr. Sues books before I can remember. Dit the mustang straight line thing growing up. Even pimped a 2.3 Ranger pretty hard. (shh strong block). When I moved from NC to NV, I made it a Bucket List to race for real, and I'm not disapointed in my choice of the Ralliart over the sea of Subies.

I'm still worried about the tranny tho. She's hella quick on the autoX course, but not sure about reliability.

I know what motor oil I want to run, but need more info on the other fluids. Any Real racers out there.. speak up! :)

-G

Welcome to the CLUB! I got my helmet but no SCCA Membership.
Im not a hard core racer nor have the money to spend on track all the time.
Im on a tight budget. I've been autox as well as fast cornering on a daily basics. I did K20 Civic Coupe for about 10yrs with bunch of left foot braking & e-braking. I enjoy learning new driving skills & driving techniques not necessarily racing cause the racing is more about power/money, my RA will never see 500+ whp or 600+ whp to go up against hi power car is pointless & waste of gas. as you loose traction instantly @ 400+whp (correct me if Im wrong).

I smoked a subie over the hill/overpass & got airborne @ 90+mph (scared the crap out of me) & a bit sideways as I landed steering as not to end up in the ditch (ASC off/Sport mode). Got more respect for overpasses now...& snow. lol.

I have downshifted once into the 7k redline & once rev all the way to 7k+ (the damn thing rev fast) I was worried & trying to keep my rev down now with more gas pedal foot control.
as far as TC-SST, TC-SST ECU has safety features that give you a warning when its get hotter than operation level. But if you abuse your clutch it is the same as any other car it will fail. Check some of the other post you'll find TC-SST upgrades, TC that will withstand 400, 500, now 600whp is coming soon. I've heard even 600whp clutch can be burned up fairly easily & quickly (NEW Nissan GTR with kevlar clutch) if the driver doesnt know how to operate it.

As far as Oil use Full Synthetic. Get Oil Catch Can & Oil Cooler to keep the engine as cool as possible.

Also look into some tranny oil cooler upgrades (bigger coolers & tranny oil housing/pan hold an extra tranny fluid)

I didnt think 16" steelie would fit...???

Got any pics of your RA?

GAbOS
08-21-2010, 11:34 AM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs364.snc4/44693_393583809057_587764057_4101241_673600_n.jpg

http://screens.fmmotorsports.com/gab/ralliart/mitsu001.jpg

GAbOS
08-21-2010, 11:36 AM
Unfortunately, in Stock class, I am only allowed to touch Cat-Back, Front Anti Roll Bar Shock/Struts (not springs), and air filter (stock air box). I would like to get the shocks upgraded but not a darn thing available yet that isnt an OEM replacement, or, that I can find. So I will be ordering the Whiteline 27mm ARB soon.

TheBlackBeast
08-21-2010, 01:39 PM
Welcome aboard! Glad to see you are taking it to the track!

Redline fluids are very highly recommended, not just for motor oil, but dif/trans axle fluid. Check out Road Race Engineering if you haven't yet.

GAbOS
08-21-2010, 01:55 PM
Thanks, Red Line is what I was thinking as well for everything else. Mobile1 for the motor.

Is there alist of weights floating around? The Mitsu parts are a bit cryptic. :) I've also noticed, reading around the webs, there are different schools of thought as to what to use, or to mix, for the Clutches.