PDA

View Full Version : Newbie from the O.C.

ralli_kid
08-22-2010, 12:22 AM
What's up everyone my name is alex. I am from anaheim,ca to be exact. I have a Rally Red Ralliart. I am new to this forum but I know how it works from other forums I am from =)

zeRep85
08-22-2010, 08:27 AM
So where are the pics!!!!! pics are a must. :)

Welcome. I was born and raised in OC (Placentia/Anaheim area), but now live in Corona.

Sonic Meet fo sho.

RalliNurse
08-22-2010, 02:22 PM
Welcome to the dark side, my young apprentice!

ralli_kid
08-22-2010, 04:30 PM
So where are the pics!!!!! pics are a must. :)

Welcome. I was born and raised in OC (Placentia/Anaheim area), but now live in Corona.

Sonic Meet fo sho.

I dont get what you mean by pics???? Like of my Car or me? lmfao

Yeah I live around the Carl Karcher the guy who invented carls jr =)

geargrinder
08-22-2010, 08:31 PM
Yes he want's pics of you, I guess you don't really "know" about this site do you, lol. Anyway, welcome to the club. Post pictures of your car :D

GTS_Rob
08-22-2010, 09:20 PM
ambriz......

ralli_kid
08-22-2010, 11:06 PM
ambriz......

Yeah man I finally upgraded from a gts to the ralliart =)

ralli_kid
08-22-2010, 11:08 PM
Yes he want's pics of you, I guess you don't really "know" about this site do you, lol. Anyway, welcome to the club. Post pictures of your car :D

I know about forums but not this one so I didnt really understand what he was trying to say you know.....

Not a lot of people are active on this forum as others like 9glancers....socalevo is iffy too

geargrinder
08-23-2010, 06:35 AM
I know about forums but not this one so I didnt really understand what he was trying to say you know.....

Not a lot of people are active on this forum as others like 9glancers....socalevo is iffy too
Have a sense of humor young buck.

zeRep85
08-23-2010, 09:03 AM
i know about forums but not this one so i didnt really understand what he was trying to say you know.....

We about to go BLM on your ass!

ralli_kid
08-23-2010, 09:40 PM
Lol I didnt mean to offend you ralliart owners hahaha

I guess its because there are only a few of us with ralliarts since people dont really buy em....

zeRep85
08-24-2010, 09:53 AM
Honestly, I see more RalliArts than new WRX or MS3. I do see a lot A LOT of new GTI's though

MTZL
08-24-2010, 11:42 AM
Because people are loosing their jobs & taking pay cuts. & the cost of living + everything had went up, so what people used to spend their money on they can no longer spend & that put companies of all sorts in trouble. & back to the viscous cycle.

Bottom line people cant afford to buy what they want to buy, so Ralliart is not something average person would buy. Ralliart is a niche market only for the few, the proud, & that cant afford Evo & dont want FWD lancer.

My co-worker asked me the other day "was it worth the payments that Im making?" "I told him to ask me again when Im done paying the car"

Ralliart is not cheap enough for everybody to buy like Scion or Civic.
Gas is expensive for average person so most of the time people look @ mpg when they buy cars.
Hence the slow moving Prius'es all over the damn place. although it cost more to buy prius.

zeRep85
08-24-2010, 02:04 PM
OR...

maybe its the automatic transmission :)

OR...

The middle class is being erased.

ralli_kid
08-24-2010, 11:29 PM
I am an average guy with an average living does that mean I can't afford the ralliart?

Anyone can really afford it the question is if they want to be paying more a month for it.

@zeRep85: I honestly see more base lancers in anaheim and they are mostly teenagers driving them.... I have a friend that has a wrx and probably another guy that I see the rest are evo 8,9 and X

MTZL
08-25-2010, 09:26 AM
I am an average guy with an average living does that mean I can't afford the ralliart?

Anyone can really afford it the question is if they want to be paying more a month for it.

@zeRep85: I honestly see more base lancers in anaheim and they are mostly teenagers driving them.... I have a friend that has a wrx and probably another guy that I see the rest are evo 8,9 and X

You missed my point.
"Average" is a relative word. Average down in OC which is where rich people lives.
Average up in the Bay is where the ghettos are & you can get shot or beat up by the cops.

I didnt say average person cant afford it or that you couldnt afford it.
Im saying average person wouldnt buy Ralliart. They would buy something slower without a turbo & great gas mileage & use 87 oct.

Lets say you pay rent/mortgage & rent goes up/paying more than what the house is worth. You work & you take pay cuts. This is whats happening to everybody, some people are not effected by the ecnomy & its problems just yet.

To average people at least in the Bay Area California, Whats left over is barely enough to get by.
Some EVO owners I know has two full time jobs! Its real life with real hustle.
Some dont have to worry about rent or car payments or real life problems because their parents are rich & spoils them rotten.

So marketing question is who can afford which product.

Average person can afford Lancer DE
You're not an average person if you can afford Ralliart.
You're a ballah if you can afford an Evo.

I can afford Ralliart but since pay cuts of 35% + mortgage + Insurance + Gas + Registration + Wear & Tear (Tires, Brakes, + Fluids) Not including utilities PG&E, things are harder & I got to live within my income.

& This is happening to everybody unless you got secured high paying job which will take longer for you to feel the economy problems.

See as long as minimum wages keep going up the cost of living will go up & social class will shift. & value of dollar goes down. Hence people buying all the gold they can get their hands on.

Im a high school drop out with a GED. so things are harder for me.
No college funds & cant qualify for programs.
So I can do is look for another full-time or part-time.
Or give up my spending.

mTEV
08-25-2010, 10:49 PM
aye ralli_kid, I don't think I can make it to tomorrows meet. I have class from 730-930 :[

RalliNurse
08-25-2010, 11:19 PM
@MTZL...

That was some deep $hit you talked about! It's true that the word "average" is somewhat out of context and sometime people just look at a work and do look pass beyond that point. It's true an "average" Joe is doing this and that, but location of this "average" Joe also makes a lot of difference.

Take me for example, thank the Almighty MMNA, Evo X's trunk is too small and I can't really swallow the payment, that's why RA SB is a car fits all my wants and needs. But for my income in so cal, is equal to shit. Like the Everest College commercial says, "money ain't tight, but money ain't right". But if my salary were in Chicago or its suburbs (I grew up in Chicago BTW), I would be like F@CK the Needs; I'll ballin the WANTS. Because gas, and everything else is a lot cheaper, especially insurance. But I'll still consider as an "Average" Joe.

@ralli_kid...I don't know where you from or how old u r...but I can says this for sure though...ppl on this forum is wayyyyy too mature! Compare to some other forums were everyone trying to compare who has a bigger dick. But not here...I personally met some of them in person and to be honest w/u...they're very respectable and it blew my mind. I was on 7thgencivic for a minute bout 9 yrs ago and its night and day compare to this forum. So relax and enjoy this site bcuz no body on this forum is trying to be someone they're not and we always respected each other as a person and as a car enthusiasts.

Although some of us have a weird sense of humor, please do not take it the wrong way.

MTZL
08-26-2010, 09:39 AM
Never mind with all that just help each other thats what its all about.
Thats why I join this club.
We can all learn from each other, learn something new everyday.

I will be @ MOD next year fo' sho'! We should setup get together & BBQ!
Im saving my money now...
Lmk if that sounds like a good idea...

zeRep85
08-26-2010, 12:56 PM

MAKE IT A SATURDAY! (I work Sundays..)

swamps420
08-26-2010, 01:40 PM

we usually have a meet friday night before mod....then meet up sat...have a dinner with the nor cal guys after mod....and say farewell lol

ralli_kid
08-27-2010, 07:31 PM
I didn't take it the wrong way I was just saying ya know....

but yeah we should have our own meet sometime so I can meet some of you guys in person.... then I will catch on fast on the humor.....

P.S. I look like a little kid lol

MTZL
08-28-2010, 07:23 AM
I didn't take it the wrong way I was just saying ya know....

but yeah we should have our own meet sometime so I can meet some of you guys in person.... then I will catch on fast on the humor.....

P.S. I look like a little kid lol

Better to think like a kid & learn more than to think like an adult that think he had learned everything. (cant teach old dog new tricks)
Primus inter pares.

ralli_kid
08-29-2010, 11:40 PM
lol that is so true =).

larmyca
08-30-2010, 12:12 PM
Because people are loosing their jobs & taking pay cuts. & the cost of living + everything had went up, so what people used to spend their money on they can no longer spend & that put companies of all sorts in trouble. & back to the viscous cycle.

Bottom line people cant afford to buy what they want to buy, so Ralliart is not something average person would buy. Ralliart is a niche market only for the few, the proud, & that cant afford Evo & dont want FWD lancer.

My co-worker asked me the other day "was it worth the payments that Im making?" "I told him to ask me again when Im done paying the car"

Ralliart is not cheap enough for everybody to buy like Scion or Civic.
Gas is expensive for average person so most of the time people look @ mpg when they buy cars.
Hence the slow moving Prius'es all over the damn place. although it cost more to buy prius.

Well said!!