PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Ca,Gotta few questions

LUCENT
08-30-2010, 03:27 PM
I'd like to get the accessport before i go for the economy mode and eventually get a full turboback when i get there,anyone have any problems with emissions testing running a high flow cat and also i know they make you have a front plate,where can i find the frame that sits of the left side of the bumper that one looks pretty cool. Thanks

ralli_kid
08-30-2010, 09:31 PM
Where in cali are you moving to? The front plate on the left side you can pick up from the dealer or you can order one online. Turboback????? well the law is really cracking down on exhaust here in california more than ever and from what I have heard they aren't fix it tickets anymore.

RalliNurse
08-30-2010, 09:51 PM
damn...not a fixer ticket? What are they gonna do...a ref ticket then?

LUCENT
08-30-2010, 11:03 PM
I'm moving to the bay area, yeah my dad was telling me if a shop gets caught removing the cat it's like tens of thousands of dollar fines.Another thing I noticed with the accessport is there is a tune for ca gas, is 93 not available there anymore.

ralli_kid
08-30-2010, 11:26 PM
damn...not a fixer ticket? What are they gonna do...a ref ticket then?

yup its a ref ticket from what I have seen the guys talking on socalevo:mad:

damm law

ralli_kid
08-30-2010, 11:29 PM
I'm moving to the bay area, yeah my dad was telling me if a shop gets caught removing the cat it's like tens of thousands of dollar fines.Another thing I noticed with the accessport is there is a tune for ca gas, is 93 not available there anymore.

That's why you change the cat yourself :D or find a shop willing to do it.

I beleive 93 Is still available... google it...hard to find tho..

MTZL
08-31-2010, 08:26 AM
yeah, leave the cat alone. unless you got extra money to give away to the state. Ref Ticket is 1,500$ now if you get caught.
As far as emission, if you got money you can make it pass. ;) v12 & v8 pollution im sure is higher than 4 cylinder with turbo, so I too dont agree with the greedy bastards sitting in office making quick bucks using tree hug-ers. :mad:

Which part of bay area??? I hope not oakland, lol.

Im still looking for 93 octane. No where to be found in the bay area yet.

wutangmo15
08-31-2010, 11:38 AM
Sweet. Finally another Ralliart in the bay.

Unfortunately, I haven't seen 93 gas here either.

LUCENT
08-31-2010, 11:45 AM
I was born and raised in concord but i'll probably end up in antioch or oakley since housing is now affordable there.

LUCENT
08-31-2010, 11:53 AM
Wasn't planning on going catless but i see that they suggest a high flow when running in stage 2.

MikeW-RRE
08-31-2010, 06:37 PM
South Bay area is right by GST in Hayward. DO NOT buy anything until you get to Cali and go see Bryan there. The AP will be a waste of money with a good real tuner with DEEP RalliArt experience that close by.

Mike W

LUCENT
08-31-2010, 07:09 PM
South Bay area is right by GST in Hayward. DO NOT buy anything until you get to Cali and go see Bryan there. The AP will be a waste of money with a good real tuner with DEEP RalliArt experience that close by.

Mike W

Will definitly keep that in mind thank you, I love the idea of getting MY car tuned to whatever mods i may want and not just loading some preset but not being to familiar with custom tuning my only concern would be going back to stock for dealership visits.

MikeW-RRE
08-31-2010, 09:01 PM
I dont know abotu other tuners but I never charge to flash a car back to stock for a dealer trip and back again. Maybe after 20 times I might :-P

The ECUFlash can hold two maps if you want. Switching between the two is easy, you just use the cruise control button. You can get a custom tune for less than the price of the AP. If you want to just switch between a bunch of maps for some odd reason because it sounds like fun, you can buy the Tactrix cable for $200 and use your laptop to swich between Bryan's free maps.

In the middle of Idaho or up in the Kanuckistan tundra the AP makes sense. Just not at all for where you are headed.

Mike W

wutangmo15
08-31-2010, 11:34 PM
Wow. I didn't know that you can change maps by pressing a button. I'm guessing you can't do it while driving or sitting at a stop light.

If you ever need to switch back to the stock map, I have a Tactrix so just let me know.

MikeW-RRE
09-01-2010, 12:08 AM
If you do the Tephra dual map mod you can change while driving.

Mike W

wutangmo15
09-01-2010, 01:39 PM
Nice, I did a bit of research on the Tephra but am still a little unsure of what it is/does. Is it a software mod that embeds into ECUflash? Or is it actually a map that you load into the ECU?

MikeW-RRE
09-01-2010, 04:43 PM
It is a map that you flash to the ECU that utilizes extra free memory addresses in the ECU to do more fun other stuff, and also additional XML files that you add to ECU Flash that allows you to display and modify the additional maps.

If you have it tuned by someone that knows what they are doing, all you need to know is hold cruise control button for a certain amount of time to go faster. Hold cruise control button for a certain amount of time to go slower. Mostly it gets used to switch between two different fuels (91 and E-85, 91 and 100 octane...) With additional wiring it can be used as a Meth/Water spray safety.

Mike W

Mike W

LUCENT
09-01-2010, 05:23 PM
That sounds like some knight rider type stuff,i'm sold!!

MTZL
09-01-2010, 08:53 PM
^& NOS! lol. CC button for NOS, NINJA STEALTH! :D

wutangmo15
09-01-2010, 09:37 PM
I am having GST install my X turbo and Bryan make me a power map and a fuel saving map. I have a carputer setup in my car and was just going to use ECUflash to switch but that Tephra mod sounds awesome.