PDA

View Full Version : mY jOB SUX

MTZL
09-01-2010, 10:55 AM
I was just threaten to be laid off. Man I wanted to leave this place so bad if it wasnt for my car loan & mortgage & other bills.... I would've.

I've been with this company for more than 10yrs going on to 11yrs.
Since I was 18.

I started in Warehouse Assembly & worked my way up to QC & filing.
After a year of working there I was in the office data entry.
First 5 yrs was great, I did all order entry, help in every department that needed help.
I had no problem paying my bills.

After the company fired the receptionist, I was assigned to answer all phone calls within 2nd ring. Also my other duties. I worked my ass off.

Recently things are not going good, I've had to take 10% paycut initially & that turned into 20% to 30% & now 35% wtf!?!?!
They had laid my lil bro that was working with the company for more than 5yrs. Now things are getting harder for the fam & mortgage situations.

To make things worst, The company that used to work with us is going under so the workers wasnt getting paid & they all quit.
Now the company that Im working for wants me to work for that company thats going under without pay.

So basically they want me to work extra hard for no money!
Im so sick & tired of working hard & still broke..

Sometimes I feel like the dude from "Falling Down".
God damn greedy bastards!

GTS_Rob
09-01-2010, 10:59 AM
I was just threaten to be laid off. Man I wanted to leave this place so bad if it wasnt for my car loan & mortgage & other bills.... I would've.

I've been with this company for more than 10yrs going on to 11yrs.
Since I was 18.

I started in Warehouse Assembly & worked my way up to QC & filing.
After a year of working there I was in the office data entry.
First 5 yrs was great, I did all order entry, help in every department that needed help.
I had no problem paying my bills.

After the company fired the receptionist, I was assigned to answer all phone calls within 2nd ring. Also my other duties. I worked my ass off.

Recently things are not going good, I've had to take 10% paycut initially & that turned into 20% to 30% & now 35% wtf!?!?!
They had laid my lil bro that was working with the company for more than 5yrs. Now things are getting harder for the fam & mortgage situations.

To make things worst, The company that used to work with us is going under so the workers wasnt getting paid & they all quit.
Now the company that Im working for wants me to work for that company thats going under without pay.

So basically they want me to work extra hard for no money!
Im so sick & tired of working hard & still broke..

Sometimes I feel like the dude from "Falling Down".
God damn greedy bastards!

dude that suck time to start scouting for a new job!

RalliNurse
09-01-2010, 11:15 AM
damn....sry to hear that...i know in this economy ppl who have a job is literally on thin ice...but now it time to do a quick eval of urself...do you have any specia or technical skills...is so start putting a resume together...i can help if you like...also start looking at different industries...such as healthcare...it's one of those recession proof type of deal...also if you want...its time to go back to school to "upgrade" urself...no matter what start have a plan b and look further down the road...cuz f@ck the loyalty to the company cuz when $hit happens they will not give a damn about you...once again sry to hear that bro and g/l to you...btw...i was gonna tell you to go for nursing to be like me but I don't know ur up to it...lol...

MTZL
09-01-2010, 02:25 PM
Thanks for the input. I feel better after my lunch break/ Smoke break.
I know what I have to do.

Im not a quiter so I wont quit just need to find another job.

MTZL
09-01-2010, 02:52 PM
damn....sry to hear that...i know in this economy ppl who have a job is literally on thin ice...but now it time to do a quick eval of urself...do you have any specia or technical skills...is so start putting a resume together...i can help if you like...also start looking at different industries...such as healthcare...it's one of those recession proof type of deal...also if you want...its time to go back to school to "upgrade" urself...no matter what start have a plan b and look further down the road...cuz f@ck the loyalty to the company cuz when $hit happens they will not give a damn about you...once again sry to hear that bro and g/l to you...btw...i was gonna tell you to go for nursing to be like me but I don't know ur up to it...lol...

I know my cousin is a nurse. He makes more than 4x my salary & he is younger than me.

I tried going back to school but I didnt qualify for any aid programs.

I want to go back to school & learn some thing new but
School cost more than the car & I can barely make payments for the car now...Sometimes my priorities are screw'd up, I know. School > car

I was taking a few classes with my full-time job as schedule permits.
Schedules wasn't as easy as I had thought. I took paycuts & couldnt afford school anymore. Back to vicious cycle.

I know Im more than capable of acquiring new skills & you're right the company forgets all the sacrifice I've made for them. Its their lost.
They gonna need more than three people to do what I've been doing for them.

zeRep85
09-01-2010, 04:56 PM
...i feel you brother...

I do A LOT of MISC SHIT around at my work....Ive thought about quitting too and school...but like you said...it isn't as easy as it seems...

Im just hoping for the best. :)

RalliNurse
09-01-2010, 05:14 PM
well...fuck the aid...unless ur welfare recepient then u'll get it...i know i've been there...ur best option now is get into a private school for LVN...it's about 11 to 13 month program that'll get you started at least...but as far as schedule goes...well see if any of those schools offers night class...but at least you have options...i know money is tight for everyone nowadays...but I do hate to see ppl lost there shit they work so hard for...especially our RAs :D ...but hey...i wish you the best though...keep yo head up son!

TheBlackBeast
09-01-2010, 08:31 PM
Sux indeed. sorry bro! hang in there though. the company i worked for did almost the same thing to the accountant and she found a much better job at a medical device company.

MTZL
09-01-2010, 09:07 PM
Thanks guys. I have a new perspective now since I now know where I stand at the company. AT THE BOTTOM.
That motivate me to do better.
& I will.

TheBlackBeast
09-07-2010, 09:28 PM
If I was you, I would join LinkedIn and setup your professional profile and start looking for work. You seem to have a lot of skills and that is always something in demand.

MTZL
09-08-2010, 08:54 AM
If I was you, I would join LinkedIn and setup your professional profile and start looking for work. You seem to have a lot of skills and that is always something in demand.

Thanks Steve, I will definitely check it out.

hackerrei
09-08-2010, 09:50 AM
Join the ARMY like me all bills paid and paycheck is yours RA EVO X does not matter thats half a weeks pay.
Pluse job security just pick the right job and you will be alright go any thing medical that you have to work in a hosp like lab tech or tech or pharm tech even if you deploy you can only work in a hosp.

Im a Spec - E4 and my house is paid for by the army and I make around 1200.00 every 2 weeks all in pocket or to pay for car -cable-cell still have 1600.00 a mounth left in the pocket for what ever.

Pluse GI bill pays for collage when you get a side from that collage is free when you are in also.

It's the way to go.

Wife and twins also.

Check it out.

MTZL
09-08-2010, 11:56 AM
Join the ARMY like me all bills paid and paycheck is yours RA EVO X does not matter thats half a weeks pay.
Pluse job security just pick the right job and you will be alright go any thing medical that you have to work in a hosp like lab tech or tech or pharm tech even if you deploy you can only work in a hosp.

Im a Spec - E4 and my house is paid for by the army and I make around 1200.00 every 2 weeks all in pocket or to pay for car -cable-cell still have 1600.00 a mounth left in the pocket for what ever.

Pluse GI bill pays for collage when you get a side from that collage is free when you are in also.

It's the way to go.

Wife and twins also.

Check it out.

* Army - 42 (must ship to basic training prior to 42nd birthday)
* Air Force - 27
* Navy - 34
* Marines - 28
* Coast Guard - Age 27. Note: up to age 32 for those selected to attend A-school directly upon enlistment (this is mostly for prior service).

Reserve Non-Prior Service

* Army Reserves - 42 (must ship to basic training prior to 42nd birthday)
* Army National Guard - 35 (changed from 42 in 2009)
* Air Force Reserve - 34
* Air National Guard - 40 (Changed from 34 in Aug 2009)
* Naval Reserves - 39
* Marine Corps Reserve - 29
* Coast Guard Reserves - Age 39

I had thought about joining service when I was 18 & changed my mind.
Im functional under stress so I know I can make it through boot camp.
Im well trained in small arms & rifles. I can hit bulleye from 25-30yd with pistols. I can hit bulleye from 400yd with any rifle.
But being a good shot doesnt really matter with the current warfare.
Bomb & mines, IED is a scary thing.

I just dont believe in the principles anymore & political agendas, propagandas to make us fight other people. Im 29 now & had learned enough to know wars doesnt benefit fighters on any sides. if any other country came to invade US than I will join to fight til then I'd rather not.

I have mixed feeling about armed services.
Good luck to you Soldier! I salute you. You are doing what other wouldnt want to do.
I surely hope Afghanistan conflict is over soon.

hackerrei
09-08-2010, 12:11 PM
It just depends on the job you pick like the ones I named and mine medical supply are none fighting jobs even if you go over there you will never leave the base.
I am going to be switching to vet tech which is a none fight job also.
8 to 4 days weekends off.
If is a easy gig and with all my bills and car payment I can afford another car or a few trip to vegas a week.lol
Look into it more and don't let the recruters push you into a job get the one that you want.

But you will see a big diffrence then civil life.
I got out and started car sells and after 2 years I had to come back in to be able to have all the things I want.
Im 25 with 6 years now and if I never came in I would not be able to afford to go from my RX8 to a evo8 and now to the RA.
Next year I will be going to a evo9 or X and I could not do it with out this job.

Keep your options open brother.
We are all here for each other.
If any one knows a good job open or any thing that could help are brother please post.

rmralliart09
09-08-2010, 08:26 PM
that sucks about your job thats how mine is with out the threats though im a truck driver for a construction company im kind of used to it though (bad weather) its not clean work but construction companies are always looking for drivers and if you find one in a union you will have more the enough to pay the bills and then some and it wont hurt get your licence and you could porbly get it for free I did. just giving you some ideas

Jackal
09-08-2010, 08:51 PM
All I can say is come to Canada, We need people so many trades up here can't find enough people to complete jobs on time in a lot of cases LOL ! Our economy is booming where I am in Manitoba. I could use a few more guys I got too much work. it still sucks having to do OT every bloody day just to try and keep up.

2010ralliartDM
10-16-2010, 12:18 PM
true pretty much everywhere in manitoba is searching for people pay a decent wage too :P just gotta get use to the harsh weather thats all ha:p

MTZL
10-22-2010, 10:28 PM
If Im ever in Canada I will be looking for you guys for a job. :)

Thanks guys.

CarGuy
10-24-2010, 11:21 AM
I agree...join LinkIn. Get your resume written and start looking. Why wait for the inevitible layoff to come your way? Take control of the situation and your life by finding a new job, then quit the current one. That equals you in control and not the company that doesn't care about you. If they are suffering financially....your needs do not matter, they will do what they must to save the company and you would also if you owned it. It is not personal, it is business. So take control of you!

MTZL
10-26-2010, 11:06 AM
I agree...join LinkIn. Get your resume written and start looking. Why wait for the inevitible layoff to come your way? Take control of the situation and your life by finding a new job, then quit the current one. That equals you in control and not the company that doesn't care about you. If they are suffering financially....your needs do not matter, they will do what they must to save the company and you would also if you owned it. It is not personal, it is business. So take control of you!

Thanks CarGuy..
Hopefully if i can do more (another pt or ft) to get back to where i was I would be pretty good with financial situation.

RalliNurse
10-26-2010, 12:05 PM
email me w/ur resume...i'll pimp it out for u...

i'll pm it to u my email addy...

MTZL
10-27-2010, 09:15 AM
email me w/ur resume...i'll pimp it out for u...

i'll pm it to u my email addy...

I got your email. I havent got around to doing a resume yet.
I just havent made time for it yet. To tell you the truth.
Its been over a decade since I did a resume. lol.
but I will. & Im gonna sign up for Linkin like Blackbeast & Carguy suggested.

RalliNurse
10-27-2010, 09:46 AM
Cool...then let me know when ur ready...

MTZL
10-27-2010, 09:48 AM
Cool...then let me know when ur ready...

Thanks I appreciate the help RalliNurse.