PDA

View Full Version : Sst

SnipeRA
09-01-2010, 02:55 PM
OK so in the past few days i have noticed wierd things going on with my tranny. First i noticed (in normal mode auto) that it wasn't shifting from 3-4th after 5K rpm and i almost had to gun it to get it to shift. Then yesterday i put it in reverse and when i did the car went no where when i pressed on the gas also noticed that on the display the "R" symbol was flashing at me. I had to take it out of reverse and put it back in to get it to work. Then this afternoon had it in sport mode auto and stepped on the gas and it seemed to almost just not shift at all again 3-4th had to let of the gas and press on it again to get i to shift. anyone else experience these problems?

MTZL
09-01-2010, 03:29 PM
If you just started your car, ECU goes through the system & do a safety check cycle. During which if you put it in "R" & try to take off, The display will flash at you. Wait til the check cycle is done.

As far as 3-4th gear not wanting to switch gear is because you have it in sports mode. In sports mode the ECU tell the TC-SST to rev higher & longer between gears. try using the pedal or the stick to shift manually...

I hope that helps.
I've notice "R" flashing too before because I was 2fast2oblivious trying to take off without waiting for the check cycle.

wutangmo15
09-01-2010, 04:31 PM
I got the flashing R once. The car was on for awhile but I think it triggered cause I put it in reverse too fast while i was still slightly moving forward.

SnipeRA
09-01-2010, 04:41 PM
If you just started your car, ECU goes through the system & do a safety check cycle. During which if you put it in "R" & try to take off, The display will flash at you. Wait til the check cycle is done.

As far as 3-4th gear not wanting to switch gear is because you have it in sports mode. In sports mode the ECU tell the TC-SST to rev higher & longer between gears. try using the pedal or the stick to shift manually...

I hope that helps.
I've notice "R" flashing too before because I was 2fast2oblivious trying to take off without waiting for the check cycle.

I had been driving fo awhile when i got the flashing of the reverse.. and as far as the switching from 3-4th it has happened in both nomal and sports mode and it is has been hiftng different then normal it is a noticable difference to what it was doing when i firts got the car

TheBlackBeast
09-01-2010, 08:36 PM
What saith ye service department?

MTZL
09-01-2010, 09:04 PM
Take it to the dealer & have them check it out.

SnipeRA
09-02-2010, 05:50 AM
What saith ye service department?

I will be taking it in monday so i guess we will see. i am sure they will find "Nothing wrong with it" and theeverything "seems to be working fine"

MTZL
09-02-2010, 09:03 AM
"NTF" No Trouble Found. lol.

Can you post a video of the issue?

SnipeRA
09-02-2010, 03:22 PM
"NTF" No Trouble Found. lol.

Can you post a video of the issue?

Well it happens randomly. So to catch it on VId would be hard.