PDA

View Full Version : GST tune

kenpora
09-02-2010, 07:44 PM
Who on here is running the free GST tune? Are you running it with or without the boost pill?

My tatrix cable should be here hopefully tomorrow or saturday so I can at least flash the V2 tune and then my pill will be here next week to install the bill then flash again.

wutangmo15
09-03-2010, 09:21 AM
I am running it right now with the boost pill with no problems. When you do the flash, you'll definitely feel the difference.

kenpora
09-03-2010, 09:16 PM
Great news, I hope my tatrix comes in tomorrow (fingers crossed.) If so then I can at least do the V2 without boost pill until that comes in too.

Do you know if you can save your stock ECU ROM onto a CD in case your lap top ever stops working or you get a virus? I would hate losing my stock ECU for warranty work.

wutangmo15
09-03-2010, 10:20 PM
Yes you can. I have emailed myself a copy, saved it on multiple laptops, and on my thumb drive.

kenpora
09-03-2010, 11:29 PM
Thats good news, better safe than sorry.

kenpora
09-04-2010, 10:13 PM
Well my Tatrix didn't come in today :( Looks like I will hopefully have it Tuesday. Tatrix never answers the phone and won't reply to emails so I don't know what the deal is. They say 2-3 days shipping on their site and my shipment shows shipped order placed on Tuesday night. So the 4th day would of been today.

I wish I could of got the cable somewhere else but once I get it I won't have to mess with it anymore.

kenpora
09-07-2010, 09:05 PM
Just got done testing the car out after installing the GST boost pill and reflashing to the V2 for 91 OCT and boost pill.
WOW! I can't believe the difference that made just adding the pill and reflashing. What is really awesome is watching my gas mileage. It gets better gas mileage and has more power. How can you go wrong with that. Usually if I were zooming around I could watch my instant fuel mileage go down the drain. After a bit of spirited driving on the new tune the fuel guage barely went down. Once I return to normal driving it goes right back up and keeps climbing.

A huge thanks to GST for the free tune! Like others have said this is how the car should have come stock. I def. feel like the RA is faster and pulls strong than my Z roadster did. I really don't miss it now lol.

MTZL
09-08-2010, 08:48 AM
Welcome to the Stock Tuned power club! lol. Good to hear you are probably doing the same whp as mine. 0-60 in 5.28sec recently tested on my accelerometer 230whp on Mustang Dyno@GST, which is what my Ra is doing right now with the same GST boost pill & GST tune..one minor difference is I actually had GST dyno custom tune. Tom-ato toma-to. :thumbsup:

wutangmo15
09-08-2010, 11:08 AM
Glad everything worked out!

zeRep85
09-08-2010, 09:27 PM
Welcome to the Stock Tuned power club! lol. Good to hear you are probably doing the same whp as mine. 0-60 in 5.28sec recently tested on my accelerometer 230whp on Mustang Dyno@GST, which is what my Ra is doing right now with the same GST boost pill & GST tune..one minor difference is I actually had GST dyno custom tune. Tom-ato toma-to. :thumbsup:

Custom Tune FTW!

larmyca
09-09-2010, 09:12 AM
Just got done testing the car out after installing the GST boost pill and reflashing to the V2 for 91 OCT and boost pill.
WOW! I can't believe the difference that made just adding the pill and reflashing. What is really awesome is watching my gas mileage. It gets better gas mileage and has more power. How can you go wrong with that. Usually if I were zooming around I could watch my instant fuel mileage go down the drain. After a bit of spirited driving on the new tune the fuel guage barely went down. Once I return to normal driving it goes right back up and keeps climbing.

A huge thanks to GST for the free tune! Like others have said this is how the car should have come stock. I def. feel like the RA is faster and pulls strong than my Z roadster did. I really don't miss it now lol.

where do u get this free stuff?

zeRep85
09-09-2010, 09:22 AM
You have aftermarket exhaust..the free tune is for 100% stock car.

MTZL
09-09-2010, 10:21 AM
where do u get this free stuff?

its from Bryan@GST when he was in a Santa Claus Mode. He uploaded the tuning maps for others to enjoy. Now if I can only find the thread it was in...

ok.. I've found it.. here you go. Thank Bryan@GST

http://forums.evolutionm.net/09-ralliart-engine-turbo-drivetrain/443880-2009-lancer-ralliart-gst-basemap.html

zeRep85
09-09-2010, 08:20 PM
Notice how it says 100% Stock RalliArt twice in red. :)

kenpora
09-09-2010, 09:39 PM
I dropped a lot of money into my old 350z roadster. Its amazing how much this mod added for so little. You really can't go wrong with it. Worse case scenario you have to bring the car in for some warranty work. You reflash the ECU back to stock in 10 seconds. Remove the GST boost pill and reinstall the stock one. That is about the only thing that would take a little more time. The worst part installing the new boost pill was getting the stock hose off. After that shouldn't be that bad.