PDA

View Full Version : MAG from Switzerland

swissMAG
09-08-2010, 02:26 PM
Hey guys.

I thought i would register here and introduce myself now. :)

Well, today i signed for the new RA and i should get it next Friday. So im soon an owner of a white Lancer Ralliart GS Sedan with most of the possible goodies... :D

Will post pics, as soon as i pick it up. Cant wait :cool:

ATM im driving an Mitsu Eclipse 2G (96) in Red and it will be a hard to let her go... but im in need of a new and dependable car which brings me fast to the target. I owned here 2 Years now and hitting 200k in a week or so. So i will let her go on her 200k milestone event.

For possible guys in switzerland, i live near the Zurich Airport.

Best regards

MTZL
09-08-2010, 03:01 PM
Welcome to the club! :cool:
Why not keep the eclipse? Problems?
Congrats on the RA!

Tuqwik4u
09-08-2010, 05:25 PM
I went from a 97 Eclipse Gst (4g63t) moderatly modded to my RA. Great cars if you can find one not ran down too hard. What kind of Eclipse was yours?

swissMAG
09-08-2010, 08:02 PM
Well, tbh you guys from overseas are lucky, you got GST & GSX EVERYWHERE, here in Europe there are only GS (still 4G63 without turbo) available. There are some US Imports, but there are mostly driven to death or Rice like TFATF... :(

The 146Hp is a littlebit boring... And when i bought her, she had scratches all over her Body, so a new Paintjob would be needed too.
In the last 2 months she let me down 2 times (death Battery and a jumped Fan Belt) just after a big service done for 1000 bucks. Now i hear noices from the suspension when im turning...

Its definitly time for a new car...

Best regards

swissMAG
09-16-2010, 10:31 PM
Hey.

Yesterday was the day of the days. After one and a half week of waiting, i could finaly pick up my RalliArt. Hell, thats a machine. Realy happy with it.

Pictures have to wait, to busy to drive, but its raining all the time anyways (=more fun with driving).

Hmm, i read all over the forums that you Americans use 91 and 93 Octane Petrol... I have to use 98 Octane... There are no Basemaps for 98 Oct available, right?

Other thing: My Dealer said, my first maintaince is at 7.5k km, and no Oil Change between? Shouldnt there be a Oil Change right after breaking in the motor? Well, i will wait for my Mitsu Owner Card to look at the Service intervalls...

Have a nice day, i know i will :)

Cya

MTZL
09-17-2010, 12:31 AM
in US premium Fuel is 91 Octane
91 octane = 98 RON

it is recommended that you change your oil after break-in.

swissMAG
09-17-2010, 01:07 AM
Hi MTZL,

Thanks for the answers. Didnt know that US has different Octane ratings... Thanks for that. Now everything makes more sense. :o

In the US, octane ratings in unleaded fuels can vary between 86-87 AKI (91-92 RON) for regular, through 89-90 AKI (94-95 RON) for mid-grade (European Premium), up to 90-94 AKI (95-99 RON) for premium (European Super).

So the 91 Oct Basemap would fit the European 98 Premium Fuel? And 93 would be perfect if we would use the european 100Oct Fuel from Shell... Ok, sounds good :)

Thanks man.

best regards