PDA

View Full Version : Went from trans am to RA......

Highvoltage
09-12-2010, 09:16 AM
I jus recently purchased a brand new 09 RA So I'm new to the import sector and any advice on mods and watever will be appreciated. Like what's the ecuflash? Just put me on to the ways to crank out more HP on my RA. so far I'm enjoying it and I get alot if looks...

zeRep85
09-12-2010, 09:34 AM
Ecuflash is open source ECU reprogramming software. It allows you to adjust the parameters.

i.e. more boost (psi) more power, different gearing (higher RPM) more power...etc..etc

Ralliart26
09-12-2010, 09:43 AM
same here man! i came from an 94 z28! i found the best gains from changing the cat either high flow cat or test pipe which ever you prefer! then a bigger intercooler (stock one is crap) you can find an evo x one for $100. finish off with a tune and you'll be grinning from ear to ear :D

Highvoltage
09-12-2010, 12:57 PM
Yeah I had a 96 TA LT1 headers, cold-air intake, Flowmasters with 5in exhaust. Hated to sell her but love the RA. But thanx I'm going to search for the intercooler and replace the cats.....Where can find the intercooler for 100$ at?? What does the tune involve??

zeRep85
09-12-2010, 01:37 PM
Yeah I had a 96 TA LT1 headers, cold-air intake, Flowmasters with 5in exhaust. Hated to sell her but love the RA. But thanx I'm going to search for the intercooler and replace the cats.....Where can find the intercooler for 100$ at?? What does the tune involve??

Search the Evo X forums

www.socalevo.net
www.evolutionm.net
www.evoxforums.com

Tune involves adjusting the parameters (lol :))

Highvoltage
09-12-2010, 02:13 PM
Search the Evo X forums

www.socalevo.net
www.evolutionm.net
www.evoxforums.com

Tune involves adjusting the parameters (lol :))

U lol me for asking questions?? Thanx

zeRep85
09-12-2010, 02:22 PM
U lol me for asking questions?? Thanx

Notice the :) at the end...im joking.......

Dont know where in IL you are...but you might want to check out AMS

www.amsperformance.com

LOL!

zeRep85
09-12-2010, 02:26 PM
By the way...youre welcome..

Ralliart26
09-12-2010, 02:27 PM
An evo x intercooler is a direct bolt up! they are throwing their intercoolers away all the time!

Here is GST's FREE reflash!

http://forums.evolutionm.net/09-ralliart-engine-turbo-drivetrain/443880-2009-lancer-ralliart-gst-basemap.html

zeRep85
09-12-2010, 02:31 PM
An evo x intercooler is a direct bolt up! they are throwing their intercoolers away all the time!

Here is GST's FREE reflash!

http://forums.evolutionm.net/09-ralliart-engine-turbo-drivetrain/443880-2009-lancer-ralliart-gst-basemap.html

Do this FREE Flash FIRST! Notice how it says multiple times 100% STOCK RALLIART.

Then gather your parts; full turboback, full intercooler kit, evo x turbo, whatever it may be, then get a custom tune. A custom tune consist of a 'tuner' adjusting your parameters according to your modifications. This free flash will not account for any modifications, hence why it says 100% Stock.

Ralliart26
09-12-2010, 02:37 PM
Do this FREE Flash FIRST! Notice how it says multiple times 100% STOCK RALLIART.

Then gather your parts; full turboback, full intercooler kit, evo x turbo, whatever it may be, then get a custom tune. A custom tune consist of a 'tuner' adjusting your parameters according to your modifications. This free flash will not account for any modifications, hence why it says 100% Stock.

I was hoping that he would read the thread before jumping on this :D but for the most power a custom tune out beats everything! while your waiting for your parts and finding a tuner this free flash will keep you happy!

zeRep85
09-12-2010, 02:41 PM
He did say he was new to the 'import sector' and didnt know what ECUFlash was.

I figured more is better than less.

MTZL
09-12-2010, 03:20 PM
Welcome to the Club! Enjoy your stay. :cool:

How much power did your Trans AM have?
How much power are you looking for on your RA til you r satisfy?
How much money are you gonna/willing to spend on your mods??

You can get 500-approx.550 whp with Upgraded Turbo & 500-600hp TC-SST Clutch upgrade, & Fuel Injector & pump upgrades to convert to E85 & unleash the beast.
But this is around 10k+ in parts alone.

You can find parts for the TC-SST upgrade parts here
http://www.sspperformance.com/products/index.php?cPath=33_39_110&osCsid=41cc00aac936aa2066447d17af02bec9

after TC-SST upgarde you can go crazy but I would leave 100hp buffer on engine power vs TC-SST power

Here is for turbos
http://www.clubralliart.com/showthread.php?p=7368&posted=1#post7368

Good luck, keep us posted. Take some pics & share your experience with us.

TheBlackBeast
09-12-2010, 04:58 PM
I jus recently purchased a brand new 09 RA So I'm new to the import sector and any advice on mods and watever will be appreciated. Like what's the ecuflash? Just put me on to the ways to crank out more HP on my RA. so far I'm enjoying it and I get alot if looks...
Welcome aboard - You'll find lots of threads about best exhaust/intake/bov. These items are not the best place to start to make power. Start with a tune - either free from GST or go to AMS as suggested - and you'll be off to a great start.