PDA

View Full Version : anyone have an ultimate racing exhaust?

Ralliart23
09-22-2010, 01:55 PM
im torn between the borla and ultimate racing exhaust. what do you guys think. im looking for something thats not too loud, but definately distinguishable as an aftermarket exhaust. what are the typical gains of each? ive heard about the borla, so if you have the UR, tell me about it, what midpipe did you get?

Ralliart Guy
09-22-2010, 03:38 PM
RALLIART 23,

Order the borla exhaust! It is costly, but you will forget the cost after you hear it. I have it on my 09 Ralliart and you would not believe the growl it puts out. My car has been totally transformed by the sound of this exhaust. You will forget you have a 4 cylinder engine ** trust me on that. I went to pick my car up after I had my sway bars and exhaust installed and the guy that worked at the service station says, "You are going to love your exhaust." He could not believe the sound of it and was very impressed especially considering this deep snarl was coming from a 4 cylinder engine. Borla is known for its performance and its sound. You will not be sorry. I bought mine off of Amazon since everyone else was going to take 2-3 weeks for delivery. The part number is 140334.. Good Luck..

larmyca
09-22-2010, 04:22 PM
RALLIART 23,

Order the borla exhaust! It is costly, but you will forget the cost after you hear it. I have it on my 09 Ralliart and you would not believe the growl it puts out. My car has been totally transformed by the sound of this exhaust. You will forget you have a 4 cylinder engine ** trust me on that. I went to pick my car up after I had my sway bars and exhaust installed and the guy that worked at the service station says, "You are going to love your exhaust." He could not believe the sound of it and was very impressed especially considering this deep snarl was coming from a 4 cylinder engine. Borla is known for its performance and its sound. You will not be sorry. I bought mine off of Amazon since everyone else was going to take 2-3 weeks for delivery. The part number is 140334.. Good Luck..

I agree - it sounds amazing, as an added bonus-my wife hates it.......lol

Ralliart23
09-22-2010, 05:46 PM
thanks guys. thing is, in a previous thread i found that the borla is a 2.75 inch diameter, whereas my downpipe and high flow cat are 3 inch. i mean, i dont think it will be that big of a deal, but people argue that there will be a loss in performance there. the gains will outweigh the loss anyways so im not worrying too much.

Did either of you have your cars dyno'd after the exhaust, any idea on the sort of gains you got, could you feel it?

larmyca
09-22-2010, 06:37 PM
thanks guys. thing is, in a previous thread i found that the borla is a 2.75 inch diameter, whereas my downpipe and high flow cat are 3 inch. i mean, i dont think it will be that big of a deal, but people argue that there will be a loss in performance there. the gains will outweigh the loss anyways so im not worrying too much.

Did either of you have your cars dyno'd after the exhaust, any idea on the sort of gains you got, could you feel it?

I didn't have mine dyno'd because i am having more work done

Jackal
09-22-2010, 08:15 PM
I have the complete UR set up from all the way from the turbo back with high flow cat and resonator goes into 2 gorgeous chromed muffers and the thing is exactly want I wanted.
I have had it on the car for about 6 months now and I love it. It's a complete bolt on. My shop had the old one off and the new one installed in 45 minutes start to finish. Great fit, awesome sound and this help shed more than 45 pounds off the car. That's my 2 cents but this is your car and your money.

MTZL
09-22-2010, 11:55 PM
I have the complete UR set up from all the way from the turbo back with high flow cat and resonator goes into 2 gorgeous chromed muffers and the thing is exactly want I wanted.
I have had it on the car for about 6 months now and I love it. It's a complete bolt on. My shop had the old one off and the new one installed in 45 minutes start to finish. Great fit, awesome sound and this help shed more than 45 pounds off the car. That's my 2 cents but this is your car and your money.

shaves 45lbs.? got pic of v.s. weight? Im interested for more info.

larmyca
09-23-2010, 06:50 AM

where did the 45 lbs come from?

Racegirl
09-23-2010, 11:02 AM
I ordered my Borla exhaust yesterday from LMPerformance total including shipping to CA was $824.00.

I saw on another forum that the Borla exhaust is about 20 lbs lighter then the stock exhaust.

larmyca
09-23-2010, 11:24 AM
I ordered my Borla exhaust yesterday from LMPerformance total including shipping to CA was $824.00.

I saw on another forum that the Borla exhaust is about 20 lbs lighter then the stock exhaust.

really, cool - I have the Borla....yay me.....lol:D

Tuqwik4u
09-23-2010, 03:10 PM
Are these legal? Does anyone know which exhaust for the RA is legal?

RA9
09-25-2010, 01:29 AM
i have UR love the sound. pushing it 2nd gear sounds like its going to eat subi speacially mine backfire it start shooting like a gun heheheheh