PDA

View Full Version : hid projector headlights

KrazyRA
09-23-2010, 10:46 PM
hey guys i have the stock hid projector headlights and i notice that my left headlight is brighter then the right. i switched the bulbs around, i switched the ballasts around and checked fuses. still the same. any info or help would be appreciated. Has anyone tried putting in aftermarket hid kit to their projector headlights? if so is it brighter? cause the stock hid doesn't even look like hid, it looks like halogen.... again any info would be appreciated. -thanks

jRox
09-24-2010, 01:48 PM
Are you sure it's brighter on one side? Or is the alignment of the projector cutoff incorrect? One side could be projected downwards, thus providing the effect of a lower brightness. IIRC, you can actually swap out the D2S bulbs. I believe the Stock OEM HID Bulbs are 4300k.

KrazyRA
09-24-2010, 05:07 PM
yes i'm pretty sure one side is brighter then the other. they both project at the same level. i put aftermarket bulbs in too but still the same. can you post pics of yours?

jRox
09-28-2010, 07:35 PM
I actually don't have the Stock OEM HID Projectors, so I can't help ya there. I had my lights retrofitted with TSX projectors.