PDA

View Full Version : Lowering is driving me crazy

Ralliart23
09-28-2010, 04:56 PM
ive been going nuts over the past while debating on how i should lower my car. i want springs, but i dont know which, i want coilovers, but they are too expensive. Help me out haha.

i dont want springs that are too low, the tein s tech being a perfect example of that. some say the eibach sportlines are good, some say they are way too low, i can never seem to get a good picture of them. Im worried the pro kits wont be low enough, but they seem to be the most reasonable choice so far. Then there's a kit from PRE or RRE or whatever the company is called called the ralliart lowering springs, which seem to be in the middle of sportlines, and pro kits. i havent heard much about them though so i dont know. also i was told works makes them, again im not too educated on them

on the coilover side, tein has a basic set they want 850 for or somewhere around there, but im worried that they are too cheap. coilovers make more sense for me taking i have to struggle through winters, and could raise my car back up to stock height before the snowfall, as apposed to haveing to install my stock springs over again. what coilovers are there, that are reasonably priced and good quality?

im leaning more towards springs at the moment because of the price of coilovers, though coilovers are more practical for me. tell me what you think!

mTEV
09-28-2010, 05:08 PM
ive been going nuts over the past while debating on how i should lower my car. i want springs, but i dont know which, i want coilovers, but they are too expensive. Help me out haha.

i dont want springs that are too low, the tein s tech being a perfect example of that. some say the eibach sportlines are good, some say they are way too low, i can never seem to get a good picture of them. Im worried the pro kits wont be low enough, but they seem to be the most reasonable choice so far. Then there's a kit from PRE or RRE or whatever the company is called called the ralliart lowering springs, which seem to be in the middle of sportlines, and pro kits. i havent heard much about them though so i dont know. also i was told works makes them, again im not too educated on them

on the coilover side, tein has a basic set they want 850 for or somewhere around there, but im worried that they are too cheap. coilovers make more sense for me taking i have to struggle through winters, and could raise my car back up to stock height before the snowfall, as apposed to haveing to install my stock springs over again. what coilovers are there, that are reasonably priced and good quality?

im leaning more towards springs at the moment because of the price of coilovers, though coilovers are more practical for me. tell me what you think!

I had the same debate like you until I finally figured out recently that springs
won't get me the kind of looks that I want to achieve. According to most people, the teins are reallylow giving a 2.2 front and 1.8 rear drop.
The sportlines is almost about the same but it won't be as harsh as the teins.
Pro-kits have been the #1 choice for everyone who wants a decent looking drop but is still drivable for daily usage.
Thus, I think saving up for coils is the better solution. In your case coils are perfect! You will be able to adjust height at any time when the seasons change.
Don't go cheap on coils though, MTZL said basics might be a little too cheap and instead of upgrading again, do it right the first time and buy high performance coils.
I believe there's the megan racing coils, BC coils, Tein Basics & FLEX's and KW's.
If you do decide to lower with lowering springs, just remember that your stock shocks won't last as long as they're suppose to.
That's just my .02 :cool::D
Hope you figure out what you want! :) Good luck.

MTZL
09-28-2010, 05:42 PM
http://www.raceinspired.com/images/Product/medium/TEN-Basic-coilovers.jpg

Tein Basic Coilovers Feature Summary:
- Ride height adjustable for different height drop depending on user needs
- Exclusive design for USA vehicle specification (only available for the USA market)
- Pillow ball mounts are optional on certain applications
- Available for overhaul
- New paint coating for rust prevention.
- All Tein coilovers are made in Japan

Tein Basic Coilovers Damper Kit Contents:
- 4x Height Adjustable shocks
- 4x Main Spring
- 12x Seat Lock
- 2x Hook spanner
- 4x Bump rubber
- 4x Dust cover
- 1x Instruction Manual

Front Rear
Spring Rate (kgf-mm/lbs-in) 6/336 5/280
Ride Height Drop (in.) -2.2 -1.8
Min Ride Height Adjustment Range (in.) -1.8 -0.8
Max Ride Height Adjustment Range (in.) -3 -2.7
Upper Mount Type OEM OEM
Individual Spring Part Number SY060-01225 SY050-01225
EDFC N/A N/A

:(

MTZL
09-28-2010, 05:45 PM
Product Description
The Eibach Lowering Springs are a great choice for enthusiasts who are looking to lower the center of gravity in order to make their car handle better.

TECH TIP: Lowers your Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart 1.2" Front and 1.2" in the rear. Includes a full set of 4 springs

Fits: Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart 2009+

Part # 6050.140

MTZL
09-28-2010, 05:46 PM
http://www.lancershop.com/customer/images/P/kw-coilovers-b-02.jpg
Product Description
This Ralliart KW Coilover system intended for the experienced driver who requires to not only determine the individual lowering of their vehicle, but adjust the damper setting to fine tune the system to their needs. The adjustable rebound damper allows adjustment of the pitch and roll behavior of the vehicle, adapting it to one‘s own driving preferences.

KW Lancer Ralliart Coilover Features:
• Damping technology with individually adjustable rebound
• inox-line stainless steel technology at no additional charge
• Individually height adjustable
• German TUEV-tested adjustment parameters
• High-quality components for long life
• Comprehensive documentation for ease of use
• Infinitely adjustable rebound damping

Fits: Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart 2009+

Part # 15265019

MTZL
09-28-2010, 05:48 PM
I will start a thread with different mfg & springs & coil-overs..
Im not recommending any of these products or specific mfg.
I would do more research before jumping on anything.
If you're like me with limited budget, do some research before you go & follow everybody off the cliff!

I have seen 32-way adjustable coil-overs, I need to talk to some people that really know suspension to see if there are any higher than 32-way adjustable..

Tein's EDFC is kinda cool they have 16 and 32 way too. but there are only a few Tein's Coil-overs thats compatible with EDFC.