PDA

View Full Version : HID Glare

Kev077
09-30-2010, 04:30 PM
Ordered the DRL bypass from Jrox and looking to get set of hids from ddm tuning. Question is are these gonna blind oncoming traffic really bad or are they gonna be ok. Could I aim them different if they are too high. I should have gotten the factory projectors but didnt because I really didnt want the recaros. My friend has a 99 acura tl and he has hid lights but they are not in projectors. I know some reflectors handle the hid lights better, just wondering about the ones in the ralliart. Thanks.

Kev

E46byeRAhi
10-01-2010, 08:01 AM
get a set of tsx projector housings and shrouds. it will run the price of HID retrofit up, but a nice cut-off is worth it imho. i'm in the same boat as you, i didn't want the recaros so therefore don't have xenon. but i plan on doing hid retrofit after suspension.. until then, i'm running sylvania ultrasilverstars with nokya 7000k 55w in the fogs. very clean white light all around and muuuch brighter than stock halos

Kev077
10-01-2010, 06:26 PM
Ordered some anti glare focus eye hids from hid country. Been doing a lot of research and have found that there are a lot of hid bulbs out now that can be focused either manually or electric with a remote like these. There are pictures of how the hids can be aimed to focus their hot spots and get a very good cut off line that doesnt blind anybody. Hopefully these will get here soon and I can test them out. Wish me luck.

Kev