PDA

View Full Version : From Stock to ??

RalliNoob
10-01-2010, 11:26 AM
So I bought my 2010 Ralliart Sportback earlier this year (Recaro package), and I love it. I came from a Mazda 3 and have never looked back.

But its time to add some real kick to the car.

Ive never had a car that needed tuned or even could be. And im pretty green around the gills when it comes to the whole Tuning scene. (Will freely admit that, but been doing a LOT of reading here and at the evo forums lately)

I see there is the free GST ECU Flash; I wanted to get that and the Boost Pill for the quick and cheap upgrade... But is that something that can be done by a greeny?

Ive searched around for some people with a Dyno close (Pittsburgh) but I don't see a ton of reviews for them (Hybridynamics, ASAPerformace by Ed, Slowboy Racing to name a few) so im skeptical about if they work on alot of Ralliarts or Evos.

After the ECU/Pill, what are the next best bang for the buck upgrades? I see talk about Intercoolers, Intakes, Blowoff Valves and even Evo X turbos.

Is it possible to get 300/300 (or even close to it) without spending a ton of money? I'm looking at putting in a few thousand dollars into the car, wondering what I can expect to get out of it.

(I saw a few other threads that were similar, but didn't want to derail them with my babble)

Thanks for any advice.

hackerrei
10-01-2010, 11:56 AM
Hi

Well don't realy know about good tuners in that area but for shure you want to install all your parts IE(Intercoolers, Intakes, Blowoff Valves, catback, and upgrade the turbo ) befor getting a tune or else you will be paying for 2 tunes.
But for the 300 awhp mark you will need to upgrade the turbo for shure.
Also for the EVO Scan you need to get tantric cables to connect pc to the car those can be hard to find in some area's in the eastcost.
I do have a COBB APP for sale good for quick tune and to monitor whats going on in your car and how it is running.
Link is http://www.clubralliart.com/showthread.php?t=886
and to see the number you will be looking at with it check out my review also minde you these test number are 100% stock with only the app.
Review link http://www.clubralliart.com/showthread.php?t=703

It also comes pre with maps for 91 and 93 oct with 100% stock or intake and cat back.

Other then that for base tune you are looking at around $100 to $600 for tune and dyno on av from a tuner shop then when you put on let's say intake and catback you would want to do another tune to get more power out of the mod then have to pay tuning fees agen with the app connect upload maps and done want to go back to stock or service in dealer just connect load stock map and done.
The app is goof for stock and light tuning.
Tuner shop are very important when doing custom maps, major tune and for if you put a bigger turbo on.

Hope it helps