PDA

View Full Version : Eibach Pro Kit vs Works Ride Springs vs H&R Springs

wwralliart77
10-14-2010, 08:37 AM
I'm currently lowered on Tein STechs and my springs lost their tension so it's time to replace them. I have been looking at the Eibach Pro Kit, Works Ride Springs, and H&R Sport Springs. The Teins lower the car 2.2 in F and 1.8 in R. This is too low for my taste and the springs having given out makes my car look like it's slammed. I would like a spring that would put the tire about a half inch under the fender F&R. The Eibachs and Works springs both lower the car 1.2 in F&R. Assuming that they will settle you think this will give me the look I'm going for? The H&R springs lower the car 1.4 in F and 1.3 in R. I've heard that the Eibach Pro Kit comes with smaller bumpstops, is this true? Give me your feedback on the quality of the springs posted here as well as your thoughts if you have them on your car. Thanks alot guys!

MTZL
10-14-2010, 09:44 AM
Best way to go is either pro-kit or coil over..
I dont think neither will get you the look you're going for 1/2inch of wheel in the fender. Maybe coil-overs with custom springs.
I do have a friend thats specialized in lowering. He lowered his Honda v6 Accord like what you have described barely any clearance at all. He cant drive on the mountain or certain area he already scraped all the under body, while I plow through the mtn & speed bumps on stock height without having to worry about them. FYI.

I will update more as I get more info from him.
Here is recent pic of his lowerness.
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a124/imaculate3571/ACURAFEST%202010/_MG_0194.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a124/imaculate3571/ACURAFEST%202010/_MG_0013.jpg

wutangmo15
10-14-2010, 09:47 AM
I am on Works springs now and they will not give you what you are looking for.

wwralliart77
10-14-2010, 03:37 PM

How's the quality of the spring? Do you bottom out over bumps? So as far as springs go it's pretty much the Eibachs or coilovers then. It's gonna be a while before I can afford coilovers so I'll look into some custom springs or the Eibachs.

MTZL
10-14-2010, 03:39 PM

WORKS Springs looks great, I have seen wutangmo15's RA in person. It is nicely lowered. FYI. Maybe wutangmo15 will post a pic of his RA & stop being camera shy.

wwralliart77
10-14-2010, 03:40 PM
Best way to go is either pro-kit or coil over..
I dont think neither will get you the look you're going for 1/2inch of wheel in the fender. Maybe coil-overs with custom springs.
I do have a friend thats specialized in lowering. He lowered his Honda v6 Accord like what you have described barely any clearance at all. He cant drive on the mountain or certain area he already scraped all the under body, while I plow through the mtn & speed bumps on stock height without having to worry about them. FYI.

I will update more as I get more info from him.
Here is recent pic of his lowerness.
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a124/imaculate3571/ACURAFEST%202010/_MG_0194.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a124/imaculate3571/ACURAFEST%202010/_MG_0013.jpg

Sry I think there was a misunderstanding on my behalf. Let me correct myself; not looking for 1/2 inch of tire in the fender, I want there to be a 1/2 inch of gap between the tire and fender.

MTZL
10-14-2010, 04:26 PM
Ah Now I understand.

Yeah Coil-overs are expensive...
I think you should contact Mike W@RRE.
Maybe they can make you custom springs.. ;)

wutangmo15
10-14-2010, 04:31 PM
WORKS Springs looks great, I have seen wutangmo15's RA in person. It is nicely lowered. FYI. Maybe wutangmo15 will post a pic of his RA & stop being camera shy.

Lol. I'll see what I can do. There are some photos of my car lowered in the gallery somewhere.

jRox
10-14-2010, 08:44 PM
Sounds like you need to upgrade to coils. ;)

BTW, that accord is tastefully modded. Well done.

wwralliart77
10-14-2010, 09:53 PM
Ah Now I understand.

Yeah Coil-overs are expensive...
I think you should contact Mike W@RRE.
Maybe they can make you custom springs.. ;)

I've contacted Robispec, Muellerized, RRE, and a few others. A guy at the dealer recommended Swift and Progress springs; says they won't lose their tension like other brands. Any thoughts on these springs? As of now I'm looking for a tasteful drop that wont give me problems in the future and wont blow the budget.

wwralliart77
10-14-2010, 09:53 PM
Sounds like you need to upgrade to coils. ;)

BTW, that accord is tastefully modded. Well done.

True that.

MTZL
10-15-2010, 09:40 AM
I've contacted Robispec, Muellerized, RRE, and a few others. A guy at the dealer recommended Swift and Progress springs; says they won't lose their tension like other brands. Any thoughts on these springs? As of now I'm looking for a tasteful drop that wont give me problems in the future and wont blow the budget.

http://clubralliart.com/showthread.php?t=961

wutangmo15
10-15-2010, 10:02 AM
Kamispeed just received their first order of Swift springs. Discount code is "RALLIART" and will work for the first five people to order them.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/09-ralliart-brakes-wheels-suspension/519536-finally-swift-springs-09-ralliart-1-5-a.html

wwralliart77
10-16-2010, 11:04 AM
I'm leaning towards the Progress springs. I like the way they sit the best out of all the options. Think I'm gonna go with these.

E46byeRAhi
10-24-2010, 06:08 PM
progress springs for RA
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-22296486597181_2127_5208843
swift springs for RA
https://www.kamispeed.com/v/vspfiles/photos/SWF.4F003-2.jpg

swifts are 80$ more with the aforementioned discount that was mentioned. i think the design alone sells itself. fewer coils, less unsprung mass, coils will likely never touch under compression.

wwralliart77
11-04-2010, 10:46 PM
I know it's been a while since I've posted, but I ended up purchasing D2 Racing RS Series Coilovers. Should have them installed this weekend. :D

Mkid
11-05-2010, 06:46 AM
What made you end up deciding on those coilovers?

pogiboiuno
12-13-2010, 04:35 PM
I know it's been a while since I've posted, but I ended up purchasing D2 Racing RS Series Coilovers. Should have them installed this weekend. :D

any updates? pics? how much did u get the coils?

wwralliart77
12-13-2010, 06:14 PM
Haven't been on the forums for a while. Meant to update but never got around to it. I ended up blowing my stock struts since the guy that was supposed to trim my bumpstops when I was on Tein STechs cut them completely off which made my struts bottom out, causing them to blow. However my springs seem to be in good shape. I opted to get these coilovers since I had a few pairs on my previous cars with no issues, D2 makes a great product. Ride quality and response is a lot better when compared to stock and lowering springs. I can definitely feel better vehicle/driver feedback as well as better grip and the roll center of the vehicle seems to have decreased. Price was about $1,200 shipped and I installed myself. Alignment was done at the dealer for about $90. Coilovers are 36 way adjustable, and spring rebound is separate then ride height. When I was on the Teins I was lowered about 2 inches all the way around, now I'm about 1.6 inch front and rear. Here's a few crappy pics, I'll try to post some more.

wwralliart77
12-13-2010, 06:58 PM
Here's one more pic I managed to take right quick.

GAbOS
12-13-2010, 11:15 PM
You guys are killing me with these sweet photos. I need to keep my car in Stock for SCCA and cant do springs. Dampers only :(

Mkid
12-14-2010, 03:02 PM
Ride quality and response is a lot better when compared to stock and lowering springs.

Ride quality is better then stock? As in more comfortable? :eek: I never thought that was possible. All the lowered cars I've been in were definitely less comfortable then stock. Its always discouraged me from lowering my cars.

GAbOS
12-14-2010, 04:07 PM
Curious.. you guys swapping out to full coil-overs wouldn't be willing to get rid of the stock struts and shocks?

I found a guy through my local SCCA club that can re-valve for cheap. But since this is my daily, I will need a spare set of stockers to send him so I can still drive to work to pay for it. :)

Ralliart23
12-14-2010, 06:56 PM
Haven't been on the forums for a while. Meant to update but never got around to it. I ended up blowing my stock struts since the guy that was supposed to trim my bumpstops when I was on Tein STechs cut them completely off which made my struts bottom out, causing them to blow. However my springs seem to be in good shape. I opted to get these coilovers since I had a few pairs on my previous cars with no issues, D2 makes a great product. Ride quality and response is a lot better when compared to stock and lowering springs. I can definitely feel better vehicle/driver feedback as well as better grip and the roll center of the vehicle seems to have decreased. Price was about $1,200 shipped and I installed myself. Alignment was done at the dealer for about $90. Coilovers are 36 way adjustable, and spring rebound is separate then ride height. When I was on the Teins I was lowered about 2 inches all the way around, now I'm about 1.6 inch front and rear. Here's a few crappy pics, I'll try to post some more.

Sorry for the dumb question but are these ralliart-specific coilovers? link maybe?

wwralliart77
12-15-2010, 10:45 AM
Ride quality is better then stock? As in more comfortable? :eek: I never thought that was possible. All the lowered cars I've been in were definitely less comfortable then stock. Its always discouraged me from lowering my cars.

The spring itself is a lot stiffer which allows the imperfections in the road to be felt in a less harsh manner then that of lowering springs or stock springs. Lowering springs tend to be "bouncy", whereas coilovers are not. As far as ride quality, it's a lot sportier feeling. The car leans less on turns, which helps the steering geometry to allow for better grip and tighter turns. If pondering whether to lower your vehicle or not, I can honestly tell you that coilovers are the only way to go. Don't mess with lowering springs unless you pair it with a high quality strut. For the money spent this is the best way to go.

wwralliart77
12-15-2010, 10:55 AM
Sorry for the dumb question but are these ralliart-specific coilovers? link maybe?

Don't believe these are Ralliart specific coilovers. They were advertised as being compatible with the lancer es, gts, and ralliart. The springs used on the gts are very similar to the ones used on the ralliart, might even say that they are identical. The only difference that I can see is the spring rates themselves, believe the ralliart spring is a little stiffer. These coilovers are 8k front and 7k rear which works on the ralliart. Here's a link: http://www.raceinspired.com/p-21853-d2-racing-rs-coilovers-damper-kit-mitsubishi-lancer-2007-2010.aspx

wwralliart77
12-15-2010, 11:00 AM
Here's a few more pics. I had to relocate the brake line in the front since the coilover didn't have a mounting point. They include brackets in the kit. I mounted mine to the stabilizer arm and kind of bent it so it would clear the wheel. Not hard to do at all, just gotta play with it a little bit.

pogiboiuno
12-16-2010, 02:55 PM
niice! deff considering getting these. any pics of your car with them on?

Mkid
12-16-2010, 03:13 PM
Nice, do you know of any that would be similar quality but not require any fiddling?

I'm not really that comfortable with my skills to do things like that :p

wwralliart77
12-16-2010, 04:17 PM
niice! deff considering getting these. any pics of your car with them on?

I'll see what I can do, weather is kinda crappy today.

wwralliart77
12-16-2010, 04:20 PM
Nice, do you know of any that would be similar quality but not require any fiddling?

I'm not really that comfortable with my skills to do things like that :p

These are the only ones that I've seen on the market that have a mounting point for the stabilizer arm as well as a brake line relocation kit. Most aftermarket coilovers don't have them, so most just leave them hanging which is not a good idea. As far as fiddling goes, you can always pay someone to install and adjust to your preference.

GAbOS
12-16-2010, 09:10 PM
So.. no ones got stock shocks/struts to give up eh?

Re-valving does a ton of work.

jRox
12-17-2010, 01:04 AM
I'm a little confused as to what you did with the Stabilizer Bar link. I know the stock mount sits parallel to the shock body. With your setup, it looks as if it's sitting at an angle. Won't that cause ill effects?

http://clubralliart.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=657&d=1292435991

I also ask because I recently installed coilovers. The bracket that holds the Stabilizer Bar link basically rotated (must've been loose) around the shock body causing it to 'twist.' Curious as to the extent of this issue.

wwralliart77
12-17-2010, 11:37 AM
I'm a little confused as to what you did with the Stabilizer Bar link. I know the stock mount sits parallel to the shock body. With your setup, it looks as if it's sitting at an angle. Won't that cause ill effects?

http://clubralliart.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=657&d=1292435991

I also ask because I recently installed coilovers. The bracket that holds the Stabilizer Bar link basically rotated (must've been loose) around the shock body causing it to 'twist.' Curious as to the extent of this issue.

It is a little angled, please note that this picture was taken about a month or so after the initial installation. I had popped the front tire off to share with you guys. When I first installed it was perfectly straight. I'm guessing with driving and cornering it twisted. Please note that the mount on the coilover itself is free-floating, meaning it spins in either direction to help reduce the amount of "twist" on the stabilizer bar link. It seems normal from my experience with coilovers, I can see why one would worry a little bit though. Like I had mentioned earlier some just let the stabilizer bar link hang free. As far as what I did, I used the stabilizer bar link as an attachment point for my brake line relocation since that was the only place I could realistically see as working in the long run. It's been fine so far and I've had no issues.