PDA

View Full Version : invidia catless down pipe test pipe combo

ralli_kid
10-16-2010, 09:53 PM
Does anyone know if this will be able to hook up to a ralliart?

Its the downpipe test pipe combo.....

let me know thanks

link is attached

http://www.invidia-usa.com/Products.aspx?ProductID=182

zeRep85
10-17-2010, 01:17 PM
i think so...
:D

ralli_kid
10-17-2010, 03:59 PM
I need to know for sure that it will fit tho bro....

hopefully mike can answer this question....

if it does then I will take it from the guy who is selling it

ralli_kid
10-18-2010, 01:03 AM
Bump anyone know

zeRep85
10-19-2010, 10:37 AM
Send them an email!

ralli_kid
10-19-2010, 11:31 PM
I will right now lol

ralli_kid
10-24-2010, 12:33 AM
no response from invidia anyone else care to answer this for me???

MikeW-RRE
10-24-2010, 12:55 AM
Cat and DP are the same between the RalliArt and EVO X

My RalliArt @ 265 whp on a stock turbo... took out the stock cat and put in a test pipe. The car got louder and stinkier. It lost power and after an hour of tuning I got the power back to where I was. The stock turbo is holding everything back, not the cat or DP.

I went back to the stock cat and am running 300 whp on the EVO X turbo with a stock DP and stock cat.

But yeah, that thing fits. Best would be to tune the car after taking the cat out, at minimum log it to see if it is overboosting and knocking.

Mike W

ralli_kid
10-24-2010, 01:01 AM
Thanks mike. Yeah I was wondering this because I noticed no one made the downpipe O2 combo for the ralliart. So do u see any power gains with a stock ralliart and the downpipe o2 combo???

zeRep85
10-24-2010, 10:18 AM
My RalliArt @ 265 whp on a stock turbo... took out the stock cat and put in a test pipe. The car got louder and stinkier. It lost power and after an hour of tuning I got the power back to where I was. The stock turbo is holding everything back, not the cat or DP.

Mike W

To me it says after a tune the gains are none, unless louder and stinkier is a gain :) which in the fart world it is.

So would the only reason to upgrade the DP and cat is to get more power out of a Evo X turbo?

zeRep

MikeW-RRE
10-24-2010, 01:56 PM
"O2"... derives from "O2 Housing" which derives from that on the DSM and EVO 8/9 the Oxygen Sensor was bolted into the cast steel turbine outlet piece of the turbo. The part that takes the exit air coming out of the turbo and makes it make a 90 degree turn downward. One side of an "O2 housing" bolts to the turbine housing of the turbo, the other side bolts to the down pipe. So in internets jargon it somehow turns into an O2 down pipe when you get a big long one piece down pipe that replaces the down pipe and O2 housing all at once.

On the EVO X and RalliArt, the oxygen sensor actually screws into the down pipe. Not the cast turbine outlet piece. You have no O2 housing that can be called an "O2" by further shortening the name :-/

Now... since the turbine housing of the RalliArt has a different bolt pattern than the EVO X, any of the EVO X long, wide mouth, one piece, O2 Eliminator down pipes will not bolt to a RalliArt turbo. You will see none listed for them. If you did put an EVO X turbo on your RalliArt, then you could use an AMS style long DP. I dont see the gains to be worth the cost involved with a long DP on a stock EVO X turbo. But they are pretty much a necessity on an upgraded larger than an EVO X stock turbo.

If it was me (and it has been me :-) ) then i would do it like this:

Stock RalliArt turbo - stock cat and stock DP
EVO X Turbo - Short DP and high flow cat or no cat (for the track of course)
FP Red/BBX/Garrett 3076 etc - AMS Long DP and a 100 cell metalic core cat or no cat.

For the EVO X turbo, you had better have really good tranny cooling. For the last option you need some serious clutch upgrades too.

Mike W

ralli_kid
10-24-2010, 04:07 PM
Well I just got an evo x turbo for 200 of evoxforums..... and right now with the mods I have I am pushing 240 whp and this is just with an upograded intercooler, ic piping(not upper yet only lower), cat back exhaust, ams boost pill, and UR intake.

Now my question is how much more power will I get with an evo x turbo and then adding a down pipe and high flow cat?

I do plan on going up to the bbk later next year so i think I will hold off on the downpipe O2 combo until then....

what down pipe and test(or high flow cat) do u recommend for now?

zeRep85
10-24-2010, 04:21 PM
Well I just got an evo x turbo for 200 of evoxforums....DAMN CHEAP! How old? Or how many mileage?.

Now my question is how much more power will I get with an evo x turbo and then adding a down pipe and high flow cat?

I do plan on going up to the bbk later next year so i think I will hold off on the downpipe O2 combo until then....

what down pipe and test(or high flow cat) do u recommend for now?

The majority of the power will come from the turbo, the DP and Cat (or lack there of) will only help the exhausts flow faster resulting in a faster spool.

Mike's Ralliart with an Evo X made 300 whp according to his post w/ stock DP and stock cat.

Correct me if im wrong..

Also, dude! BBK turbo! You daily drive this beeeotch? My ultimate goal is 300 whp DAILY driver.

ralli_kid
10-24-2010, 04:28 PM
but what mods does mike have on his????

ayeah i daily drive it when i feel like it. i switch off this car and the truck

zeRep85
10-24-2010, 06:06 PM
^oil coolers galore!

lol

MikeW-RRE
10-24-2010, 06:34 PM
Progress Springs
Whiteline Rear Sway Bar
Volk RE-31 18x9.5
Bridgestone Potenza RE11 265x35x18
Stoptech Brake Pads
RRE SS Brake Lines

RRE 24" FMIC
RRE Upper and Lower I/C Pipes
EVO X BOV
Stock Intake Box

EVO X Turbo
MXP Tubular Exhaust Manifold
Stock DP and Cat
2.75" Cat Back Exhaust

RRE Engine Oil Cooler
RRE Dual Tranny Coolers
Removed Fog Lights for more air flow
Cut air flow slots into the bumper cover and reinforcement

The car is usually at the shop in the evenings. Stop by between 6 pm and 9 pm when traffic is less and I can take you for a ride to see what it feels like.
Just e-mail first. [email protected]

Mike W

E46byeRAhi
10-24-2010, 07:56 PM
mike --- you are the best. very good insight into the DP/cat topic for stock turbo RA owners.

ralli_kid
10-24-2010, 08:04 PM
Progress Springs
Whiteline Rear Sway Bar
Volk RE-31 18x9.5
Bridgestone Potenza RE11 265x35x18
Stoptech Brake Pads
RRE SS Brake Lines

RRE 24" FMIC
RRE Upper and Lower I/C Pipes
EVO X BOV
Stock Intake Box

EVO X Turbo
MXP Tubular Exhaust Manifold
Stock DP and Cat
2.75" Cat Back Exhaust

RRE Engine Oil Cooler
RRE Dual Tranny Coolers
Removed Fog Lights for more air flow
Cut air flow slots into the bumper cover and reinforcement

The car is usually at the shop in the evenings. Stop by between 6 pm and 9 pm when traffic is less and I can take you for a ride to see what it feels like.
Just e-mail first. [email protected]

Mike W

Mike you answered my other thread in this one hahaha I guess I am going 18x9.5.... did u have to roll your fenders like crazy or what???

and about the intercooler piping I am in need of an upper one badly I got everything else except the upper and the mxp tubular exhaust manifold....

Now with that said... do you see getting any more power out of the car if u added a downpipe with a high flow cat? I know a downpipe wont make much difference with a stock evo x turbo until u uprgrade. but what about with the bbk or something better than the evo x turbo?

MikeW-RRE
10-25-2010, 01:23 AM
With these mods, yet with a stock cat and DP on a X MR, I can usually get another 10 whp. I hear that the RalliArt cams are different. I suspect that is where the missing potential power is from. I might try a HFC one day before that. BBX or bigger, maybe when I am ready to try to fit a 5 speed manual tranny in it.

MRs I have driven with Biggee turbos and cams tend to lose the fine driveability that is what you bought the MR for.

------

For the front fenders to clear, you get two bug guys and pull hard on the frnder lip. It opens up the gap at the rear bottom fender to the door. If you go nuts pulling (like I did) then you get the slightest kink on the sharp body line to the wheel arch curve.

In the rear, used a notmal fender roller tool to the max. No heroic measures though, didny get out the rally hammer or anything. These are a 35 offset. If they were set inwards a little then you need to do a little grinding on the rear trailing arm. But they would clear the fender lips a little better.

http://roadraceengineering.com/ralliart/rre_project_car/volks.jpg

Mike W

ralli_kid
10-25-2010, 01:33 AM
So do the wheels sit flush with the fenders or no????

But with that much power dont we need a new clutch????

I dont know of anyone making an aftermarket one for the ralliart yet either =(

zeRep85
10-25-2010, 01:34 AM
you are going off topic! haha

ralli_kid
10-25-2010, 01:39 AM
IDc lol he gave me the answer to this thread all ready now I am asking about the wheels because I wanna go big like he has done on his ralliart... except I have a lower ofsset on the wheels trying to get some info naw mean

so mike where di u get your fenders rolled at?

zeRep85
10-25-2010, 01:44 AM
^LOL

i kidd i kidd

ralli_kid
10-25-2010, 01:46 AM
lol I know u kid a lot hahahah

I wonder how hard it is swapping out the turbo????

MikeW-RRE
10-25-2010, 01:54 AM
so mike where di u get your fenders rolled at?

I am the owner of Road Race Engineering. Like, I have an EVO shop and stuff. Been specializing in Mitsus only since 1996. I invented this shit ;-)

Mike W

ralli_kid
10-25-2010, 01:58 AM
So how much would u charge to do this fender rolling??? lol

MTZL
10-25-2010, 09:58 AM
I am the owner of Road Race Engineering. Like, I have an EVO shop and stuff. Been specializing in Mitsus only since 1996. I invented this shit ;-)

Mike W

LOL. too funny.

If u r in Southern California, RRE is the place to be. :)
I know I would be @ RRE, If I reside in Southern Cali.
Sh!t Im taking a trip down to RRE once I saved enough money for some secret projects, F* yeah!

Of course I still have to support GST since they r local but they r always busy. :confused:

zeRep85
10-25-2010, 02:04 PM

Mike W

This is why my previous post was "^LOL"

Alex asking DhURRR questions :)

zeRep85
10-25-2010, 02:06 PM
lol I know u kid a lot hahahah

I wonder how hard it is swapping out the turbo????

I do whatever makes me :) (smile)

ralli_kid
10-25-2010, 02:10 PM
I know they r in southern cali. I bought parts from them when I had a gts =)

zeRep85
10-31-2010, 10:17 AM
I know they r in southern cali. I bought parts from them when I had a gts =)

Don't you mean their neighbor Road Race Motorsports, the Prancer shop?

ralli_kid
10-31-2010, 04:59 PM
Yeah same thing. Guys hella over charged me tho. Made me pay as much as if I was paynig for shipping on the items I bought.

zeRep85
11-01-2010, 07:18 PM
Fo'realz holmes?

I have always gotten <3 from RRE....

ralli_kid
11-01-2010, 10:21 PM
Well I hope I get the same thing

zeRep85
11-02-2010, 11:07 AM
Alex,

If you plan on upgrading the turbo why not buy that clutch pack that is for sale for $600.00 !!?!?!?!?!?!

zeRep

ralli_kid
11-02-2010, 04:48 PM
Parts take time to get lol. In time I will have more things that I havent mentioned about getting

zeRep85
11-02-2010, 05:06 PM
Parts DO take time...but a 500HP SSP clutchpack at the whopping price of $600.00 doesnt come that often...

ralli_kid
11-02-2010, 05:10 PM
Send me the link and I might just get it if its on sale right now