PDA

View Full Version : rear sway bars?

vplukas101
11-02-2010, 07:28 PM
will they make my car have a more neutral or even oversteer

MikeW-RRE
11-02-2010, 07:46 PM
Yes, that is what they do. I have the Whiteline rear sway bar on my RalliArt and on the soft setting it is just more neutral and a novice driver can control it quite easily on the street or track. On full stiff it is more tail happy and you can do silly stuff with the car.

Mike W

vplukas101
11-02-2010, 07:49 PM
do you need a alignment once installed, how hard is it to install, and how do you adjust soft to hard and do you need both or will just the rear be ok

MTZL
11-03-2010, 09:21 AM
do you need a alignment once installed, how hard is it to install, and how do you adjust soft to hard and do you need both or will just the rear be ok

if you get the whiteline rear sway bar there are three holes which is for adjustment(s). I've been planning to get one but no budget yet.

Alignment wouldnt hurt if you drive hard your alignment will be off a little but not necessary.

Front is a good idea too. Overall balance should be your goal. Depends on how you drive & how you want your RA to behave.

vplukas101
11-03-2010, 09:57 AM
how hard was the install?

MikeW-RRE
11-03-2010, 10:21 AM
It is easy to adjust. But the install is an hour - hour and a half with the car up on a lift and an experienced mechanic. In the driveway at home with some good tools, probably more like 4 hours. The rear differential needs to drop down quite a bit.

Mike W

jRox
11-03-2010, 06:43 PM
It is easy to adjust. But the install is an hour - hour and a half with the car up on a lift and an experienced mechanic. In the driveway at home with some good tools, probably more like 4 hours. The rear differential needs to drop down quite a bit.

Mike W

Sorry if this is a silly question. When adjusting the rear sway bar to different settings, does the rear diff also have to be dropped?

MikeW-RRE
11-04-2010, 10:56 AM
Sorry if this is a silly question. When adjusting the rear sway bar to different settings, does the rear diff also have to be dropped?

No. You are just moving the end link from one hole to another. Look under your car at the sway bar end link. You will need to be able to take a nut off there, move the link from one hole to another and put the nut back on.

Mike W

MTZL
11-10-2010, 12:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ISNWRMB6c4
:)