ClubRalliart.com

ClubRalliart.com (http://www.clubralliart.com/index_forum.php)
-   2009+ Lancer Ralliart Troubleshooting, DIY and Inst (http://www.clubralliart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Rev hang? Issues (http://www.clubralliart.com/showthread.php?t=4865)

iamabiz 01-18-2015 10:04 AM

Rev hang? Issues

Ok so I just installed the evo x: fmic, licp, uicp and ams uicp hardpipe. The installation went off great, however when I turned it on after installing, I revved it and I noticed I am getting rev hang. I tap the gas and rpm's will go up then stay at two rpm and rev for about 3 to 4 seconds before coming back down. What could be causing this? I was under the impression that this mod did not require a tune. Any input is appreciated. thanks

Jackal 01-18-2015 12:28 PM

Too many possible things, but let's do the short list.
Disconnect battery then open door which causes interior light to go on which will drain all residual power from any capacitors etc. Give it at least 5 or more minutes.

Hook battery back up, turn key to on position wait for car to do self test. ie all the dash lights come on then start car.

Let car warm up at least 10 minutes. Use this time to visually check all your silicone couplers for your IC pipes etc.., make sure any vacuum lines were hooked back up. I.e. especially lines to intake manifold, BOV etc..

Now with car electronics having to reset/ recalibrate itself because battery disconnect and with car now close to or at operating temperature and after inspecting for loose, leaking or disconnected hoses, clamps and couplers. Take car for a 10 plus minute drive.

So after performing the above is problem still there or fixed?

iamabiz 01-18-2015 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackal (Post 51666)
Too many possible things, but let's do the short list.
Disconnect battery then open door which causes interior light to go on which will drain all residual power from any capacitors etc. Give it at least 5 or more minutes.

Hook battery back up, turn key to on position wait for car to do self test. ie all the dash lights come on then start car.

Let car warm up at least 10 minutes. Use this time to visually check all your silicone couplers for your IC pipes etc.., make sure any vacuum lines were hooked back up. I.e. especially lines to intake manifold, BOV etc..

Now with car electronics having to reset/ recalibrate itself because battery disconnect and with car now close to or at operating temperature and after inspecting for loose, leaking or disconnected hoses, clamps and couplers. Take car for a 10 plus minute drive.

So after performing the above is problem still there or fixed?

I think the reason was because the battery had been disconnected and everything just needed to get back in sync. Turned it on this morning and it was fine. Took it on a spirited drive haha and it drove great. It did not expect such a boost. Was a lot of fun. Thanks for the reply man!