ClubRalliart.com

ClubRalliart.com (http://www.clubralliart.com/index_forum.php)
-   2009+ Lancer Ralliart Drivetrain (http://www.clubralliart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Transmission Problems (http://www.clubralliart.com/showthread.php?t=2493)

RalliArt-SST 01-30-2012 07:51 PM

Transmission Problems

Thought it would be a good idea to do a poll on this one. Five options, transmission problems yes or no? Mitsubishi covering the problem under warranty no hassle, or having to fight Mitsubishi? Finally, who still cant get Mitsubishi to cover the transmission problem? Multiple answers are accepted!

-Aaron

BravoZero 01-30-2012 08:45 PM

Don't think a poll was necessary, we could just answer your questions straight out.

But... to answer your main question, it all depends on the dealer and depends on how your car is set up, whether stock or modified. You'll obviously have a better chance if the car is stock and you go to a reputable dealer.

RalliArt-SST 01-30-2012 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BravoZero (Post 28394)
Don't think a poll was necessary, we could just answer your questions straight out.

But... to answer your main question, it all depends on the dealer and depends on how your car is set up, whether stock or modified. You'll obviously have a better chance if the car is stock and you go to a reputable dealer.

I just like to see numbers oppose to trying to figure out how many transmission problems there are out there by reading every transmission problem thread. It is a much easier and better organized way for me as well as other pepole to see data. The other warranty questions mostly for other people if they like to see how warranties go. I probably should have put modded vs un-moded vehicles.

-Aaron

BravoZero 01-30-2012 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RalliArt-SST (Post 28395)
I just like to see numbers oppose to trying to figure out how many transmission problems there are out there by reading every transmission problem thread. It is a much easier and better organized way for me as well as other pepole to see data. The other warranty questions mostly for other people if they like to see how warranties go. I probably should have put modded vs un-moded vehicles.

-Aaron

That probably would have been better, but it's done nonetheless.

In reality, no one can tell you that you'll have SST issues. Some RA owners have had perfect luck with theirs, others have had the transmission die a week after buying the car brand new, and some have gone into the 20k and 30k mile range before having issues. All you can do is make sure you take care of it, don't abuse it every day and make sure you have the car PROPERLY tuned if you decide to do so.

RalliArt-SST 01-30-2012 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BravoZero (Post 28396)
That probably would have been better, but it's done nonetheless.

In reality, no one can tell you that you'll have SST issues. Some RA owners have had perfect luck with theirs, others have had the transmission die a week after buying the car brand new, and some have gone into the 20k and 30k mile range before having issues. All you can do is make sure you take care of it, don't abuse it every day and make sure you have the car PROPERLY tuned if you decide to do so.

I agree that it doesnt show whether or not ill get a bad transmission or not however, it does show in some respect how often they do go bad. A transmission should never fail even before 50000 miles on a bone stock car. Even if its a perforance car. Yet somehow, these transmissions do so much more than that of many other cars in the same class.

Aside from that, seeing higher numbers of transmissions with no problems will help me feel much better about my purchase. So im really just convincing myself to get the car, i was able to test drive one and i was instantly hooked. I just need justification for myself if that makes any sense.

2010ralliartDM 01-30-2012 10:34 PM

I think this thread is kind of a good idea I'd like to see the poll results also

GAbOS 01-30-2012 10:59 PM

I also find this thread fills a gap, let alone it's existance aloe shows that there are issues. I selected the "No Issues" tick, but am more than scared of what could happen.

RalliArt-SST 01-30-2012 11:29 PM

Im glad that other people are interested in this poll, i know this transmission doesnt only worry me. With my luck, the week or 1000 miles after the warranty is up that transmission will bite the dust... But hopefully this poll will go in the same direction it has been.

2010ralliartDM 01-31-2012 12:30 AM

Make sure you get them to doyour service or you will end up SOL like me with my tranny

RalliNurse 01-31-2012 01:23 AM

12000 miles...no issues...tuned by [email protected]1 synthetic @ 3500 miles at the most...baby the shit outta my car...but I do step on it once in awhile....