ClubRalliart.com

ClubRalliart.com (http://www.clubralliart.com/index_forum.php)
-   2009+ Lancer Ralliart General (http://www.clubralliart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Sakura Performance - Ralliart 3" Catback Group Buy! (http://www.clubralliart.com/showthread.php?t=3949)

Chaz17 06-10-2013 11:24 PM

Sakura Performance - Ralliart 3" Catback Group Buy!

(If there's any issue posting this here, I apologize mods.)

http://forums.evolutionm.net/lancer-...group-buy.html

http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=112194

As most of you know we've been releasing a few items for the evo x and gtr relatively quickly and now we're offering up to the evo's little brother, the Ralliart. There isn't too much offered for the Ralliart so we're offering a group buy for a full 3" catback exhaust for the ralliart.

We need at least 7-10 Serious buyers before we'll begin production of the catbacks.

Email me if you have any questions:
[email protected]

Features:

-Full medical-grade stainless steel. By full, they mean the piping, flanges AND welding material are ALL medical-grade stainless steel. A feature that's rare among exhaust manufacturers.

-Full 3 inch design throughout of course. No necking down at all in this puppy. And fitment is like a glove. Seriously, these guys did their homework.

-Rolled 4 inch medical grade stainless steel tips (pics below will show how awesome these look).

-Smooth and free-flowing design. As straight and smooth of a design as humanly possible has made this one badass dual exhaust.

-Optional race version (no resonators) or regular version (single resonator in the midpipe).

Pricing will be competitive with that of other high quality dual exhausts that you see from the other big shops/companies.

Pics (this is the Evo X exhaust, the Ralliart exhaust will be almost identical):

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...52549210_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...30142658_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.n...18445217_n.jpg

Pic of ZeroCooll21's Evo X with the first Sakura exhaust on it.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...27069647_n.jpg

Prices are as follows:

-Race version (straight dual exhaust, no resonators): $890 + shipping (and tax where applicable)

-Regular version (straight dual, single resonator in midpipe): $1090 + shipping (and tax where applicable)

We need 7-10 people committed to getting this badass exhaust. Let's do it people.

1. Chaz17
2. navy8385
3. A_Rawww
4. 08lancer89

Chaz17 06-27-2013 07:25 PM

Bump, need only 3 more!

Fstarz 06-28-2013 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaz17 (Post 45198)
Bump, need only 3 more!

Is there any videos of sound online?

Hard to switch out of UR if the sounds dims down.

Drew 06-28-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fstarz (Post 45205)

But..but...It's MEDICAL GRADE STAINLESS.......lmao
Why is this exhaust over $300 more expensive than UR when it doesn't have as many flanges, less welding and no mufflers? Seems like if anything it should be cheaper.

Chaz17 06-28-2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fstarz (Post 45205)
Is there any videos of sound online?

This is the Evo X one. Will sound identical of course. The race version will most likely be louder than the UR one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMjHi...layer_embedded

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew (Post 45207)
But..but...It's MEDICAL GRADE STAINLESS.......lmao
Why is this exhaust over $300 more expensive than UR when it doesn't have as many flanges, less welding and no mufflers? Seems like if anything it should be cheaper.

Full 316 stainless tubing, welding material, and brackets. Full 3 inch design and most free flowing design available.

UR is a good company, but not the best. And the UR dual is $750, this one without mufflers is only $890 so I don't know where you are getting the $300 more. The UR is a pretty restrictive design and only uses 304 steel, along with HUGE heavy mufflers that shift weight towards the rear of the vehicle. The Sakura's resonator keeps the weight towards the center, like it should be.

Also, the less welding and flanges - you may think that is less expensive but it is actually more expensive to get the pieces in such large lengths. Less flanges and welds also equates to better flow through the exhaust. UR's is very choppy and not as smooth/free-flowing.

This is more comparable to ETS quality and design, which it is right on par with price-wise. Although this one is even more of a straight, flowing exhaust.

So, the smoothest possible flow with the least amount of obstructions, full stainless materials throughout, rolled stainless tips, and HAVE YOU SEEN THOSE WELDS? ;)

It isn't cheap, but it is perfect. It will never corrode or fail, uses the best possible design, and looks sexy to boot.

Chaz17 06-28-2013 10:03 PM

ETS - $850
Borla - $950
AMS - (discontinued and necked down design) $950
Buschur - $850
HKS - $1000

This exhaust is right on par price-wise with all of these high-end exhausts. But the Sakura is better build quality and materials than all of them. Period.

UR, Works, DC, Magnaflow, etc. are not high-end. They're good, not great.

Jackal 06-28-2013 10:45 PM

Seriously Man What The F___ are you even talking about!! Sorry, but enough bullshit. The UR system is engineered specifically for our car and bolts up in mere minutes and is in no way restrictive. You come in here with what I would call a Joke race only exhaust and you want people to jump on board.

ADMIN Please delete this thread and ban this Idiot. Nuff said.

PS/ I can't see this system being street legal anywhere.

BravoZero 06-29-2013 08:08 AM

I say let him continue to post about this, make it interesting. It would be one thing if it were actually him selling the system, but he's just a messenger from another forum to get the attention of other owners. Not much I can do about that unless he starts getting way out of hand.

Drew 06-29-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BravoZero (Post 45228)
I say let him continue to post about this, make it interesting.

I agree. Bravo. Let's continue to weed through the inconsistencies......lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaz17 (Post 45221)
Full 316 stainless tubing, welding material, and brackets. Full 3 inch design and most free flowing design available.

You don't know this to be true AT ALL because it has NEVER been made. You have no clue how this will flow compared to other exhaust systems. Fluid dynamics is WAY more than pipe diameter and direction. But you probably already know that.

Quote:

UR is a good company, but not the best. And the UR dual is $750, this one without mufflers is only $890 so I don't know where you are getting the $300 more.

First off, the proposed ones don't come with mufflers AT ALL. Instead, they substitute in a cheap resonator ($50-$100 MAX) and jump the price from $890 to $1090 ($200 increase. ETS, that you mentioned charges $100 for an added resonator). Where did I get the $300 from? It's called math. $1090-$750=$340. Did I do that right? If you want to compare your suggested exhaust with NOTHING but pipes in it, how much cheaper do you think the $750 UR would get if they removed the cost of the two mufflers? If they offered it, it would be probably $300 cheaper than the one you are offering with nothing but pipe. How do you justify offering an exhaust with NOTHING but pipe (which is the CHEAPEST part of the exhaust) and charge significantly more than respected companies with DUAL mufflers.

Quote:

The UR is a pretty restrictive design and only uses 304 steel, along with HUGE heavy mufflers that shift weight towards the rear of the vehicle. The Sakura's resonator keeps the weight towards the center, like it should be.

Unless you are on a boat in the ocean, you won't be able to tell the difference between 304 and 316 from a corrosion resistance standpoint. Neither one will ever rust out on a car. And the UR mufflers aren't "HUGE" by any stretch of the imagination. You have seen them, right? As far as "shift weight towards the rear of the vehicle" being a bad thing, that is what people WANT to do. The cars are front end heavy to begin with. Keeping the weight in the center of the car only helps if the car is already balanced perfectly. Ours, like most, aren't. Have you ever heard of anyone relocating the battery to the "center" for better weight distribution? I know, next time you get tires mounted and balanced, have them put all of the weights in the center "like it should be":rolleyes:.

Quote:

Also, the less welding and flanges - you may think that is less expensive but it is actually more expensive to get the pieces in such large lengths. Less flanges and welds also equates to better flow through the exhaust. UR's is very choppy and not as smooth/free-flowing.

Would I think that less welding and flanges would be cheaper? Yes, and I would be absolutely right. Give me a break with the "more expensive to get the pieces in such large lengths". That is just complete and utter bollocks in the lengths we are talking about. Shorter lengths are MORE expensive (per foot) than longer lengths from ANY material supplier you will find with the lengths we are dealing with (6' and less). And again, you have NO CLUE whether this will flow better than the UR or not. Without a flow simulation done on both exhausts, you won't know if this design has better or worse flow than the UR.

Quote:

This is more comparable to ETS quality and design, which it is right on par with price-wise. Although this one is even more of a straight, flowing exhaust.

The resonated ETS is $150 cheaper than the resonated version you are offering. I wouldn't call that on par. And again with the "straighter flowing" exhaust. You have NO CLUE what this finished product will look like, as it has never been built.

I'm not busting your balls, but we tend to debunk exaggerations on this board and get down to the facts. The Evo X exhaust they offer does look great. My only point, as I stated above, is that it should be CHEAPER than the UR exhaust because the base material costs less it has less flanges and welding. And just to prove a point, just in case you think I an an advocate of the UR exhaust or working for them, I have AMS exhaust on my RA....:D

Chaz17 06-30-2013 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackal (Post 45223)
Seriously Man What The F___ are you even talking about!! Sorry, but enough bullshit. The UR system is engineered specifically for our car and bolts up in mere minutes and is in no way restrictive. You come in here with what I would call a Joke race only exhaust and you want people to jump on board.

ADMIN Please delete this thread and ban this Idiot. Nuff said.

PS/ I can't see this system being street legal anywhere.

Every exhaust system bolts up in minutes... And the UR system is probably equally as loud as this system. So throw that street legal crap out.

Seriously, I don't understand the amount of hate you guys are just dropping on this exhaust. You should really see it in person. They are beautifully made and awesome quality. Price is obviously up there, but if you can't afford it I'm sorry. The world doesn't revolve around you though, so instead of getting frustrated and pissing all over this thread that is doing nothing but TRYING TO GAIN INTEREST, just don't post.

It's that simple. Get out. Those who realize how awesome this exhaust is and can afford it will come along and get in on it. But you guys are doing nothing but being useless. I haven't done a fucking thing to earn an infraction or ban. I'm simply gaining interest on this exhaust so we can get it fabricated and expand the Ralliart aftermarket support.

There's NOTHING wrong with having another available exhaust out there. If it's so astronomically expensive, well that'll end up being the manufacturers problem. But the Evo ones are getting pretty popular and every person who has one loves it to death.