View Single Post
Old 03-05-2015, 10:24 PM

Question p0420 ISSUE !!! Ugh!

So I realize this is a really old topic lol but I'm having an issue....I have a 2010 RA and I live in IL. Have a hfc installed and had no "service engine soon" light on since I put it on and installed the hfc. It was installed at a shop and was tuned a couple days later. I had to go pass emissions and it rejected me twice due to saying the cat was "not ready"... went to the shop and they said IL standards change and they just had to tweak something. They did and I left. About an hr of driving later the light went on and the car was acting a bit erratic. Called shop and went in next day. They checked it and added the spacer on there and cleared the codes. I left and again after an hr of driving light went back on. I scanned it and it gave me p0420....it lists it on there 3 times at the bottom of one it says "CONFIRMED" next one "PENDING" and third one "PERMANENT"...called the shop and they said they haven't come across a situation where the spacer didn't fix the issue. One thought I had is could this be caused because my muffler is disconnected from the actual exhaust pipe and this is causing unexpected change in air flow? it is basically spaced with long bolts to give the exhaust better sound. If not does anyone have any other ideas?

As far as mods:
HFC
Boost pill
Tune
Aftermarket uicp, licp
Evo x intercooler and bpv

Thanks guys!