View Single Post
Old 02-12-2014, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEEZ8 View Post
Well. I got this recall done over the weekend before I read those post. They just told me some computers need to be updated on my car so I was like okay. There is a big difference with the power, not as quick can not really hear the turbo spool anymore (K&N drop in). I wish I knew more about it before I got it done.
Did you notice the difference before you saw this thread? I'm curious if it could be a placebo effect or perhaps even a result of something else.

This post in the GST Basemap thread over on EvoM aligns with my thought that the letter made it sound like it was raising the threshold, not de-tuning the car:

http://forums.evolutionm.net/11070596-post4359.html

Sadly, I trust the guys in that thread more than most service technicians at the dealerships.

I got my car flashed with the recall update because I did get the code read after my car went into limp mode and threw up the SES light. It had one of the codes that the letter mentioned. I was lucky that I was driving at a time and place where there was no one else around me, but if my car had just died like that when on the highway with a lot of traffic like I normally drive, that would have been dangerous. I also plan to do the boost pill and GST Basemap in the future, which will overwrite all of this anyway.

I noticed little-to-no difference in power after the update, but I do have to change back to my aFe drop-in air filter after I clean it. I had put the old, dirty stock one back in in case my car needed warranty work and they tried to blame any problems on that.