View Single Post
Old 02-12-2014, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napius View Post
Did you notice the difference before you saw this thread? I'm curious if it could be a placebo effect or perhaps even a result of something else.

This post in the GST Basemap thread over on EvoM aligns with my thought that the letter made it sound like it was raising the threshold, not de-tuning the car:

http://forums.evolutionm.net/11070596-post4359.html

Sadly, I trust the guys in that thread more than most service technicians at the dealerships.

I got my car flashed with the recall update because I did get the code read after my car went into limp mode and threw up the SES light. It had one of the codes that the letter mentioned. I was lucky that I was driving at a time and place where there was no one else around me, but if my car had just died like that when on the highway with a lot of traffic like I normally drive, that would have been dangerous. I also plan to do the boost pill and GST Basemap in the future, which will overwrite all of this anyway.

I noticed little-to-no difference in power after the update, but I do have to change back to my aFe drop-in air filter after I clean it. I had put the old, dirty stock one back in in case my car needed warranty work and they tried to blame any problems on that.
Its just not the same, about a month ago my car went into limp mode 2 separate times, first one was check transmission and the other one was service acd. The code that came up for the check acd was I over revved my car. I am not sure how you over rev a SST and times it happened as i was slowing down to come off the exit ramp. Im not going to lie, I have not really driving my car "hard" for at least a year now. It is like these Mitsubishi dealers do not really know much about their cars. I was a tech at Honda and a Master Tech there could tell the customer what exactly happened and are very knowledgeable about the cars. I feel like the Mitsu dealer doesnt really know anything.