View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secondchance View Post
If this is the dyno you were dyno'd on then its hard to say. IF not, then the difference in dyno is the reason the numbers are different.

This dynochart has 2 very true truths to it.

1. did his car gain 38 whp and 40+ torque with the tune and intake? YES

2. His is car really 264 whp. Absolutely not.

The undeniable fact is this. The cars TRUE stock power is in the 185-195 whp range. thats a fact. Regardless of what a dyno might tell you, this number is not refutable.

That being fact and said, it immediately deletes 30 hp from the peak #'s hes showing, to compensate for the inflation he got dynoing stock on this particular dyno. ( please people its very common, try a dynojet, they are all over the map) This of course would bring him into the 230-235 whp range presently, which is a great gain on just an intake and tune.. So congrats on that. Surely there is nothing wrong is 38 whp being gained so quickly.

What needs to be remembered, and shared with new uneducated members is this.

regardless of what a dyno tells you, the thing and other thing to concern yourself with, is the gained power from point a to point b and so forth.

I credit mike for doing a great job, but i think as a community ( i came here from the evom ralliart community) as a whole, we need to stop thinking what could be, and start realizing what is. TTP has done nothing but inflate and lie to customers for months now, and its been covered up many times, trust me, ive been in numerous conversations with mods that go alot like ( yeah we know hes bs,but he pays us). I really dont want another company out there trying to do the same.( and im not saying you are)

So with that said, im hoping mike is alot more respective to the truth and is excited at the gains he achieved and not the numbers that dont add up to anything but heresay.
You make a good point by stating that dyno's will inheirently produce different numbers from machine to machine. But then your comment falls short because you discredit your own statement. Where do you come up with the "true" whp rating? What ever the "true" whp rating is, the fact remains that he started at point 'a' (226whp) and ended at point 'b' (264whp). I owned an 09 wrx and it was factory rated at 267 crank hp. When more testing was done, it was found to be closer to 280. Why? Manufacturers who have competing models commonly lie about ratings to make one car (usually the more expensive one) look like a better deal, thus justifying the cost. If people knew that the potential of the lesser model could be equal to the more expensive one, through a series of small upgrades, no one would buy the more expensive model.