View Single Post
Old 07-19-2014, 09:35 PM

Well I figured out the programming and even spent time putting on and trying out several and removing other files from other year Evos and Ralliarts. Right now I am trying out the 2011 + Ralliart TCU programming. I won't be trying the Super sport or launch control again until I get some more mileage on the car and then get trans rebuilt by Jacks Transmission.

I am at 84,000 km or 52,816 miles and I performed the 4th SST fluid change and 3rd filter change on the car with 6 liters of Mitsubishi factory SST Diaqueen Trans fluid. I also just had an engine oil change and filter done. I am running the latest GST tune for AEM Ralliart intake with full turbo back exhaust.

I had my car at the drag strip a couple weekends back and did test and tuning on my original DB Motorsports tune from 2010 along with a couple different GST tunes. It took some practice to get the launch control thing down as I have been doing the Ralliart rapid gas pedal tap thing for a few years now. I kept doing it out of habit then standing on the gas but not long enough to trigger launch mode and then having the car sometimes go into limp mode.

In short because it was a rainy day and very humid. I only managed 6 or 7 runs which included 2 of which were limp mode induced 20 + second runs but also 3 runs of 13.5 , 13.6. This was with car fully loaded with all the stereo amp racks, subs dyno mat, full tank of gas, spare tire, jack and tools aboard with me a 265 pound driver. car weighed approx. 3875 lbs.
Transmission has been performing strong on the road race track as well this year and the AMS Trans cooler with fan along with the removal of fog lights and install of JDP engineering carbon fiber vents has paid off to increase air flow and keep the slow down light from coming up even when pushed hard for over 6 laps at a time.

Last edited by Jackal; 07-19-2014 at 09:40 PM.