View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 07:03 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to BravoZero

I've been taking my RA to them the past couple of times for things. They did a great job with installing my gauges, coilover springs and HFC... however the last time I took it there to get the car lowered back down and an alignment done, I wasn't too impressed.

The one advantage I give Mach V in Sterling over Moore Automotive is they know how to do coilover alignments very well. Mach V will get everything set as perfect as possible. If I want -1.8 camber in the back in -1.1 in the front, they will set it exactly to those numbers and equal toe in the front. Moore... not so much. Even with adjustable front and rear camber, they still didn't get everything dialed in right.

NFS, funny you mention Greg. I've known him for almost 4-5 years, he worked on my Eclipse GT a couple of times. He does a good job, knows Mitsu's very well. Would I take my car and have him tune it? Not so much because of the SST, I will only take it to reputable SST-friendly places like CBRD, but I'd trust Greg with everything else. However... I do know a guy with a 2008 GSR in Ashburn that had a bad experience with UCS, specifically with the work Greg did. Screwed up his suspension setup apparently, it's on EvoX forums I believe.

Finding a 100% perfect shop isn't always possible, unfortunately.