View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRoss View Post
Just so you know. Mitsu is very aware of the timing chain issue. It was determined to be a specific manufacturing run of chains. It has since been rectified according to Mitsubishi. I know this doesn't help current owners that may OR may not have one of those chains. I say this more to address the nay sayers about buying owning current and future cars with this engine. This problem seems to arise between 60k-70k KM (not miles). If your over that, which I am, I wouldn't suspect you were one of the unlucky in having a defect chain. Non the less, doing a timing chain is not a bad thing from a maintenance point anyway so doing it early will give you peace of mind. As for the cost, chalk it up to owning a high powered 2.0L that's awesome is so many other ways. The tires you'll burn off this year cost more than the timing chain repair.

xross
So is it still an issue for newer RA's or just the 09? 10?

I only have about 110 miles on my WW, but want to be ahead of the game in terms of maintenance, based on the smiles per miles factor, I want to be driving this car for years and years...