View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013, 10:36 AM

Replacing springs on our cars is pretty straight forward. Road race has 2 videos on YouTube where they replace the fronts and the other video shows them doing the rears. They did not use a spring compressor, but if you haven't you might want to rent one from a local shop or you could simply pay a shop approx. an hour ro an hour an a half labour for them to do it. the back ones are a pc of cake the front ones take a little longer because a lot of stuff is connected to them.

Yeah in theory coil overs are the perfect solution but in practice people get lazy and complain a lot. Suspension is one of those weird things where everyone has their own idea of what the suspension should feel like on a given car for a given application. I have found over the past 5 years being at the track and on several Mitusbishi Forums that a lot of money is spent over and over trying to find that perfect set up. In the end several of these people got a bad taste in their mouth and sold off the car because they were chasing their Unicorn. LOL!

What I am saying is $250 is not a lot of money to try out a new set of springs from a reputable company which will give the drop you indicated and a sportier ride. I just would hate to see you spend 1 k + and be messing around with adjusting them to every combo possible and still not be happy.

FYI these are the springs I will be installing on my own car next summer. So good luck with whatever you decide to do as this is just my 2 cents.