View Single Post
Old 08-15-2013, 08:14 AM

I personally have the RRM GRIP springs on my RA. I wouldn't say I handle just as good, but I keep up with a couple of Evo's on coilovers around the corners.

Could be that I've got more balls, or just that the suspension is just good enough to handle what I'm throwing at it.

I've been running my GRIP springs for a year in September and my stock struts are just fine. I'm estimating them to last probably 50k miles on the GRIP springs where about 60k would be about the breaking point for them on stockers. You'll take a bit of a loss on that one, but they definitely have done the job so far. I've also been back and forth about so many different coilovers that I'm glad I didn't just pull the trigger on the "cheapest" set or the "most recommended" set.

Best recommendation I could give you is to go for some springs be it Tein, Megan, RRM, etc for now. Work on brakes, wheels/tires, sway bars. You can really change how this car handles just with an adjustable rear sway bar. Makes the world of difference on how the car will rotate.

After talking to Mike W @ RRE a few times about this, the best bang for your buck track day/daily driver setup that I could figure out was to do:

Lowering Springs
Ceramic Brake pads
Slotted brake rotors
Stainless Brake Lines
New brake fluid
Rear sway bar

and you could do that all for under the cost of what it would run you for coils.
Evo X FMIC | MAP UICP | Evo X LICP | Evo X BPV | AEM Intake | AMS Boost Pill | GST Basemap Tuned by Razorlabs | RRM GRIP Springs | Oil Catch Tank | Agency Power Downpipe | Avid1 18x9 +35 Wheels | Project Kics R28 Lugs | AMS 3" Resonated Test Pipe | Ultimate Racing 3" Dual-Tip Catback | Zeitronix ZT-2 + ZR-2 Wideband/Boost gauge | Tomei Oil Cap | CF Engine Cover | CF Hood Struts | HKS Radiator Cap | Coming Soon: Evo X turbo upgrade

Last edited by deprydation; 08-15-2013 at 08:20 AM.