View Single Post
Old 07-24-2014, 09:19 AM

Question Hail Damage - What hood should I get?

Hello guys,

I've been looking stuff up on the forums for a while but never had anything to post. But that has changed.

I own a silver 2011 Ralliart and just got some pretty nice hail damage out here in Colorado. My insurance had me get a quote and the body shop quoted 5800$ for repairs, including 937$ for the hood. Most everything except for the roof drip moldings they want to just do PDR on. But my insurance company said if I want an aftermarket hood I am welcome to do that, but costs over the original estimate will be up to me to pay.

So I started browsing around and was thinking of maybe getting a carbon fiber hood? This would ensure I don't get owned by hail again - at least on the hood. Essentially I have 937$ to play with. I was doing some googling and Andy's Auto Parts will sell a VIS CF Evo 10 hood for 600$+150$ shipping. So I still have 187$ to play with for paint/additional clearcoat (even though it's supposed to be UV protected already)/fitting. Of course I don't mind spending a little extra out of my own money, but I figured I would at least try to minimize my own costs.

Any opinions on what hood/how to paint it? My Ralliart is silver with no exterior mods except 30% tinted windows...I can post pics of helpful. My friend had the same color (Evo 10 though), and got a 6 vent CF hood and got everything except the vents painted to match his body which looked pretty nice.

Link to Andy's is: http://www.andysautosport.com/mitsub...ds/vis_racing/