View Single Post
Old 01-01-2014, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
I would be curious to find out if this is an engine ECU reprogram only or is some TCU AKA Transmission ECU reprogramming necessary.
ECU only. Dealership just did this to me. I'll be spending new year's day putting my car back to stock. It's throwing an SES for Mass Airflow Sensor which I'm not sure if it's because they dislodged the airbox or if it's from the aftermarket BPV and boost pill.

Transmission shifts very sluggish but smooth right now. It feels like I'm driving a real automatic. That might change once I get the car back to stock and everything is running properly.

If it's true that this is just lowering low end torque to protect the SST I'm totally getting rid of this car at 60k miles when the warranty is up. If Mitsu has that little faith in the SST that they need a factory recall to try to protect it I'm going back to driving a stick. I love the car, but at only 30k miles it's already been a headache. It's not like I even take my car to the track, I just like to engage in a little occasional spirited driving, but I don't want to fight with another manufacturer like I did with Chrysler.