View Single Post
Old 01-25-2014, 04:34 PM

I wonder if this is what happened to my car. A warning flashed up, limp mode kicked in, and the SES light came on. I pulled over, turned the car off, turned it back on, and I had power again, but the SES light stayed on. It was still on 24 hours later when I checked it. I took the car for a short ride, and it stayed on but no limp mode. Then this morning I changed my air filter back to the stock one, and the light turned off. I took the car for a decent drive and nothing went wrong. I never got a chance to get the code read. I'm not sure if I still can or not now that it's cleared. I had been assuming it was an issue with the MAF sensor, and maybe the snow, ice, and freezing temperatures.

I know this doesn't really mean anything, but the report almost makes it sound like they're changing the permitted torque threshold (assumingly higher) before the light kicks in instead of lowing the torque of the car. I would like it if this update made my car not have this issue again, but I definitely don't want them de-tuning the thing for less torque.