View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 05:38 AM

Another update as the guy that owns the bodyshop where I took my car is having me drive all the way across the city to look at and approve things. Fenders got rolled but passenger side is all wavy, drivers side is not too noticeable. But if I want it to look brandnew again it will cost me about 400 per side for them to pretty it up and repaint the fendes and back doors. I am going to change the colour of the car in 2 years so I am not going to spend what could turn easily into another $1000.00 to get what I had before they scewed up the fender rolling.

Second thing the Ebay Urthane front lip; they are unable to get paint to stick to it. They baked it a couple times in the booth, washed with solvent, used an etching primer then a sealer primer etc. It's like the lip is leaking an oily substance and the paint just peels right off. LOL !

After my fourth trip down there in less than a week I told him just make it fit and look good and call me when it's done. Car should be ready to pick up tomorrow night. Wish me luck.

Oh on more thing I am havig the chrome ring painted black, that is if they can figure out how to get paint to stick to that, otherwise I may get another phone call. LOL!!

Last edited by Jackal; 05-18-2011 at 05:43 AM.